Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Patiently waiting for ZG to "put her face on" and for her son to wake up and take a shower. We won't get out of here for another 1/2 hour. And there's a flood watch in the Pensacola area. Great.

EDIT: Perfect. Another delay. A cat pissed on ZG's travel bag. Thanks LOLCatz.
    Last edited by Richmond Jake; 05 Apr 2008 at 9:52 AM.

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    . . .taking my girls to see the local production of The Music Man. . .
    Great. Reinforce the Iowa stereotype to your still impressionable daughters! And I haven't played 76 Trombones since Thursday Night at Community Band Practice.

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    Quote Originally posted by TOFB View post
    Great. Reinforce the Iowa stereotype to your still impressionable daughters! And I haven't played 76 Trombones since Thursday Night at Community Band Practice.
    Which Iowa stereotype would that be, typed the Fan of RAGBRAI. I might get to play a double-belled euphonium after a brass band concert coming up. At least the kids will have a good reference point for that old Beatles' song, "but I never saw them winging..."

Headed to (surprise!) a contra dance called by Favorite Caller, and a Certain Party intends to do the same (driving from the other direction).

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    With a poker game, a visit to the bar, and a Cubs game (still a Sox fan though ) this past week, I think I'm actually gonna just take it easy this weekend. Maybe go outside and enjoy the 60-65 degree weather that's finally made its appearance, and perhaps run a few errands.
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Veloise View post
    Which Iowa stereotype would that be, typed the Fan of RAGBRAI. I might get to play a double-belled euphonium after a brass band concert coming up. At least the kids will have a good reference point for that old Beatles' song, "but I never saw them winging..."

Headed to (surprise!) a contra dance called by Favorite Caller, and a Certain Party intends to do the same (driving from the other direction).
    Wow that is one crazy horn!

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Fever - Drats !!!

This Bear had BIG plans for the first warm and sunny weekend in NW OH in months. Alas, it was not to be. Left work early on Friday (is it an RJ when you are running a fever?) and did nothing but lay on the couch balance of Fri and all day Sat. Played on internet very little. Last night fever was well over 100 but it appears to be much better today. Still a little woozy.

I will probably wander outside later but my BIG plans for working in the garage will not happen.

Timing is everything.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally posted by TOFB View post
    Wow that is one crazy horn!
    I guess to answer your first question, Veloice, the Music Man reinforces the stereotypes of being stubborn, close minded, simple and naive.

I prefer the stories of what we do with our barnyard friends after the sun goes down and wife goes to market in town.

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Just had a great weekend!

Fri night: left town for the city to stay over at a friend, met her fiance, did a Thai food take out, and enjoyed each other's company.

Sat: attended a workshop in a ritzy town west of the city, met up for a coffee with a friend who brought along two of our mutal friends for a surprise, met up another friend for dinner at a Hungarian restaurant, bought myself a book and a book for Mom.

Sun: met up with two friends for breakfast at a 1940s diner, met up another friend at a museum with the two friends, enjoyed an exhibition on Darwin, the display of the dinosaurs - including a new one which is just huge! - and the new glass addition to the museum, met up another friend for lunch and walked around to enjoy the nice spring weather today, and zipped back home.

It was a very good escape from the typical weekend routine that I normally have.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    The boring single guy usual - recycling, dishes, laundry, small group Bible study.

AIB TOFB my fair city is also referred too as River City.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2005
    Friday night: Went to a lovely local Thai place for the first time. It's unimpressive on the outside but the interior is great and the food spectacular. Of course, we'll have moved away in 3 weeks, so we probably won't get back.

Saturday: Signed the lease for our new apartment and unpacked a load of stuff. It would have been better if it hadn't started pouring the minute we went to unload the car, but oh well. Then we drove home and stopped at an animal shelter and got a cat, a long-haired tortoiseshell.

Sunday: Relaxed, worked on the boat, packed, and had a nice lunch at Firehouse. Watched Dodgeball.

Busy weekend indeed.
    Friday: Sister flies in mid-day -- perfect excuse to be RJing it in favor of lunch and margaritas. Son to podiatrist for a final all clear on ingrown toenail. Son's season opening soccer game early evening.
    Saturday: Wifey and I take daughter to First Communion retreat. Beat it out of there ASAP and load up car and head to the next town over for Thunder Over Louisville airshow and fireworks. Tix to restaurant on north shore of the Ohio River for up close and personal viewing, food and adult beverages.
    Sunday: recovery from Thunder.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Friday: Well, I may RJ from the office and go home early. We're meeting at the neighbors' house for beers and discussion. The discussion involves another neighbor who decided to get way too drunk at the Final Four party last week. She thus began dancing around with her top off the then began heavy flirting with all the married men.
    This married man (Z hisself) was at home by this time with his wife watching a movie. Thus we had missed it all. Apparently it was bad enough to constitute a meeting for this Friday.

Saturday: We'll be heading to Denver and attending an open house/memorial for my best friend to mark the one year anniversary of his death. It will be good to see old friends, but the circumstances... oh yes, the circumstances...
    Afterwards we'll hook up with other friends for dinner and I get to see my friend's 2 month old son, named after our celebrated fallen friend just mentioned.

Sunday: Sunday it will finally be good weather. I may buy more soil and fill up the garden beds thus beginning the planting season on the high plains, OR I may see if anyone wishes to go golfing at a nearby course.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Saturday - hang with mister man while the wife has a girls day out

Sunday - sit around, do chores, make some chicken noodle soup, wait out the forecasted all day rain.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Trip to OKC for engagement party. My engagement party. Whoa.
    Last edited by TexanOkie; 10 Apr 2008 at 12:01 PM. Reason: clarification

Registered
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally posted by TexanOkie View post
    Trip to OKC for engagement party. My engagement party. Whoa.
    Congratulations !! (I guess) What activity will you be engaged in?
    What’s in a name? – Your reputation….:)

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    tonight - getting baked beans going for a public supper tomorrow night - traditional Yankee method, lotsa' pork fat, molasses and onions with a pinch of mustard

tomorrow - First Communion on the midcoast region for my goddaughter then back up here for the public supper

Sunday - cleaning the house so the babysitters next weekend don't call DSS on us while we are partying at Zion

Monday - it's Patriot's Day for Maine and Massachusetts so I will likely be finishing up from Sunday but I hope to get a hike in with the kids - we used to go to the re-enactment of "the shot heard round the world" out in Concord and then see the parade so I highly recommend this practice to you Massachusetts folks! (that is, of course, what Patriot's Day is which is why these states quietly fought the proposal to change 9/11 to Patriot's Day)

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Going to cheer the Braves on in person (they're playing the Dodgers, Andruw's new team and Furcal is there too). Just a quick little trip down there for the Saturday afternoon game & nice dinner out, drive home Sunday. Just me and the mrs. I'm so lucky to have someone that puts up with this pilgrimage need.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Need to catch up on some work, back taxes, student financial aid paperwork, bills

Maybe pull the cover off the pool to see what died in there over the winter.

Watch the river start to creep into our waterfront park

Rescheduled Easter egg hunt Sunday

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2005
    Friday: Packing boxes and loading the van and U-Haul.

Saturday: Finishing loading van and U-Haul. Leaving by 9am to make our appointments for new licenses at DMV (doing my hair and makeup for picture). Unloading van and U-Haul and driving back here to return it by 5.

Sunday: Beach, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, relaxing, packing for Vegas

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Tonight: picking up our dog from the vet's... she had a minor medical procedure done today and I am sure she will be quite woozy from the anesthesia, poor baby...

Sat/Sun: Rake out the garden - hopefully there is something growing underneath all the leaves . Then I need to remove every frickin' stone in the (now sinking) walkway that meanders through the garden, so we can measure out exactly how much fill we need to buy. This is the part of "gardening" I don't like: when I need to enlist hubby's help because it's something I can't do alone, but have to deal with his requirements.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    A Noche: Since it is finally warm again (62 degrees) maybe I will have to sit in the driveway and drink some beers or amounts of gin.

Manana: Haircut in Fort Collins, then I will be meeting prAna at the New Belgium brewery for tasters and growler fills
    Then our neighbors invited us over for the (ugh ) Ultimate Fighting match or something. I will be going because I need something to do other than drink alone, or I may try to catch the Habs/Bruins Game 6 on someone's TV. Weird that I scoff snobbily at one violent sport only to watch another

Y Domingo... por fin! Mowing grass (at BUN'S request) hangin with the wife and dogs, and meeting my mentor for lunch to discuss our lifes and new paths we will be/or have taken recently.

NOTICE with all the Spanish written in here, there will not be any references to Mexico, Mexican food, or Spain in this post.

Except for that.

That was it.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Mar 2003
    This evening, planning our trip to see Jimmy Buffett next Friday.

Tomorrow is the big Prom Day. There is a flower sale in the morning and then we will be full on doing hair and such.

Sunday I will rest.
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Friday evening: hospital with dad. He's not progressing as quickly as the doc and nurses would like.

Saturday: sleep in. Back to the hospital.

Sunday: sleep in. Back to the hospital.

Somewhere in there I need to do some laundry.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Tonight: making homemade mac and cheese, one of the recipes that were in the Top 5 on Emeril's mac and cheese contest on Good Morning America. (yeah, I know, I'm working hard here...)

Tomorrow, recon mission to Apalachicola where we will hopefully meet up with some Cybs in a few weeks. We're meeting one of my cousins who lives in Wakulla but will hold off on visiting the historic areas until the Cyb meet. Come home and make chili with 8 lbs of meat. Ugh.

Sunday, RJ plays golf in the a.m., then it should be a good day to hang by the pool and sip margaritas.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Rolling Rock Weekend

This Bear's weekend plans.....

Friday - (Already come and gone......I grilled great burgers and was asleep on the Bettendorf by 8:00 AM)
    Saturday - Play on PC for awhile, eat breakfast......heading to the garage to listen to loud rock and roll and clean-clean-clean.
    Saturday PM - (Maybe) Loma Linda's
    Sunday - Play on PC, work on De Noc, watch old movies (If the rain holds off, more garage cleaning)

Katie mentioned something about a garage sale. As I posted last year, I never want to do another garage sale. But, she is insistent.....because we have accumulated so much stuff from family deaths, movement, etc.

Oh yeah.....forgot one more.....doing a "spring cleaning" of our closets. At my workplace I developed a "spring cleaning" event for the employees (155), encouraging them to bring in winter coats, hats, and gloves. We will forward those essential northern climate items to Toledo's Cherry Street Mission. I know that I have some winter coats I have not worn in years.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

+ Reply to thread
Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 237
    Last post: 09 Sep 2014, 10:04 AM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 3:11 PM
  3. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 940