Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2176

Thread: The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Writing a paper. Life of a grad student.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Went to Mountaineer Week at WVU today. They had West Virginia craftspeople exhibiting (and selling), and an exhibit for Arthurdale anniversary. I've got to get down there to see Arthurdale, but the woman told me to wait a few weeks for an improved self-guided tour to be ready.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    This Bear and Katie spent a quiet Friday evening at home. I worked outside on Saturday morning, cleaning the yard, putting away cushions and other warm-weather goodies, dropping stuff at the recycle station. Katie has been doing a major stripping and refinishing to the built-in buffet. She has been working on it every weekend for a couple months. Have to give her a lot of credit......it is hard work and she stays at it. And it looks great.....getting close to complete.

We did not go anywhere Saturday night. 'Nuther quiet evening. I did make a big batch of "Sloppy Bears"....er, rather, "Joes".

Sunday.....pro football (and college f-ball sux), old movies, and working on the big fake city, De Noc.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I took this afternoon off and sipped by the pool.

Saturday the weather is not going to cooperate so we'll be house cleaning.

Sunday I have a 6:56 tee time--provided the weather clears. Then watch football.
    I'll be bacheloring things around here from Sunday through Wednesday.

Registered
    Apr 2009
    Road trip to Montreal for the weekend ! Catching the Habs/Wings game on Saturday night, out on the town for some Sunday night. First real, whole weekend I've had off since spring

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Working...and buying Mrs. Tranplanner some new clothes to make up for the fact I've been working late and on weeekends a lot lately.

Registered
    May 2003

Go Blue !!!

This weekend's plans.....

Friday PM - Nuttin', honey.
    Saturday Late AM - Driving up to a bar in Michigan, a few miles over the state line, to watch Michigan play Ohio State.

Go Blue !!!

Saturday Later - Nuttin', honey.
    Sunday - Work on fake city (De Noc), watch old movies, watch NFL.

Back to work on Monday, for what will be three very long days. I am covering for a couple Supervisors who are on vacation. Woe is me. My dogs will be tired when the Thanksgiving Weekend finally kicks in, early, baby, early.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Mar 2006
    The highlight of my weekend will be tomorrow morning, when I take my daughter to Rosemont, IL for YO GABBA GABBA LIVE. Parents of young kids will understand why I'm stoked.

Other than that, I hope to wrap more presents, get my christmas cards ready to mail out, and the usual housework. Hope to hit the gym a couple times, too.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    overscheduled with craft fairs, baking, plays, dinner parties and my house is a wreck

Santa comes tonight to the Village Green, then shopping Midnight Madness sale downtown

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I should go shopping for my secret santa victim. their answers weren't helpful.

Stand in line to get my H1N1 flu shot - I am tier 1. Hope I don't develop a mild fever like I did after the seasonal flu shot.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jun 2009
    Tonight: Gym followed by the Laughing Prairie Dog Festival which will have some good bands including Smoking Popes and Headlights.
    Tomorrow: Probably watch football then I have my work's Holiday Party.
    Sunday: Gym again. Nothing else planned, but probably some housework/Xmas shopping.
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally posted by cch View post
    The highlight of my weekend will be tomorrow morning, when I take my daughter to Rosemont, IL for YO GABBA GABBA LIVE.
    Sounds to me like hip-hop Ramones (well, that would have been GABBA GABBA HEY)... but I realize that's not very likely.

My only weekend plans so far are to go to a Chocolate Expo & Holiday Gift Market on Sunday. Free admission, plus I figure I might find some good stocking stuffers . Not to mention face stuffers . How can I pass up good chocolate?

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Tonight, my wife and I are going to a dinner honoring our community's Economic Development Corporation achieving some national accreditation. There's supposed to be a live band and a dance floor, so it should be fun.

Tomorrow the wife works all day, so I'll most likely clean up the apartment and maybe go get fixings to watch Nebraska pull off the greatest upset of this Big 12 season and displace the Texas Longhorns from the Big 12 title and a national title shot (hey, I can dream, can't I?).

Sunday would be church followed probably by some Christmas shopping. It'll be the first time the Mrs. and I will have been able to go to church together in almost a month due to her new job.

I'm making some home made beer on Saturday, grocery shopping and watching football on Sunday. I'm going to play cards tonight, its card and wine night.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by chrisinmd View post
    I'm making some home made beer on Saturday, .
    Really? Extract or whole grain?

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Tonight-hit the Y, then catch a movie
    Tomorrow-hit the Y-Upward b'ball, military family and volunteers diner
    Sunday-church (sunday school-then run a camera during services), dinner, hit the Y, x-mas shopping then chilling for the evening.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    I should go shopping for my secret santa victim. their answers weren't helpful.

Stand in line to get my H1N1 flu shot - I am tier 1. Hope I don't develop a mild fever like I did after the seasonal flu shot.
    Same. I got mine on Wednesday and it did not hurt or sting at all and so far no side effects like I usually get after the seasonal which I didn't get this year.

Tonight: Dinner out with RT, it's been a long week. Maybe we will pick up the Christmas tree.

Saturday: Put together handout for Sunday's exam study session. Put together pesentation for Monday's class. Submit job application to a foundation in Morristown.

Sunday: Exam study group. I am on holiday from church until the end of the semester.

Cook, laundry, grocery shop in between. It never ends!
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Sat. AM talk to admissions counselor about MLA.
    Sat. PM invited to an opening at an art gallery where a friend's wife has an exhibit.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Tonight: birthday dinner, then pack.
    Saturday: fly to Cancun.
    Sunday: lay on beach, drink Repeat.

Registered
    May 2003
    Otis....As you approach the airport, wave to a work pal of mine who will be flying out of Cancun. As he did last week when he flew in as others from my workplace were just flying out. And they all spent a ton of time with drinks in hand.

This Bear's plans.....

Friday PM - Just returned from some minor Christmas shopping with Katie. I usually don't tag along but she is battling severe depression so I surpised her by going. Put a smile on her face.

Saturday - Nothing big planned. Probably do some organizing upstairs in the very-unorganized Study. Maybe watch some old movies. Football will likely be on the tube, too.

Katie asked me to make a big pot of chili. Probably will do that number on Saturday evening. No plans to go anywhere.

Sunday - Same old, same old. Work on De Noc, watch old movies, watch football.

A relaxing weekend.

BTW......trying to stay away from Rolling Rock. Attempting to get my blood sugar to a normal level.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Thursday: get out of work at 3PM. Then go and wait in line at the DMV to get a new drivers license, state ID, license plate, etc. I went early today before work. Apparently there are some new driver permit regs going into effect 1/1/2010 so the place was mobbed. Probably won't get out of there for a few hours. Scheduled some time to see a few more gyms/fitness centers this evening, too.

Besides that, go to a downtown bar for New Years. I still don't know a ton of people yet in this town.

Friday: RECOVER!! Party again at night

Saturday: AT&T FINALLY will come over and install internet and cable. I have had scheduling conflicts since moving here and I went back to Chicagoland for a week for xmas. I have been using my new iPhone as my sole contact to the outside world GRRRRRR. I also have a big deadline for a transportation project on Monday so I am coming into the office for a few hours. Probably hit the bars again at night.

Sunday: no plans as of yet. Might go out for karoake in the evening. Looking forward to flying down for a long weekend in Dallas to visit friends/ hit the bars the following weekend
    "This is great, honey. What's the crunchy stuff?"
    "M&Ms. I ran out of paprika."

Family Guy

Registered
    May 2003

Holiday Weekend

Other than a New Year's Eve party, this Bear will be spending a quiet weekend. Perhaps do some cooking, some reading. I know for sure I will spend some time working on my fake city (De Noc). Oh, and football will be watched. Some bowl games and the NFL's final day (Sunday).

Maybe even play some more Civilization II.

I live a quiet life.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Friday: flying after work down to Dallas to spend a weekend visiting friends. Fly back here Sunday evening.

Family Guy

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally posted by nrschmid View post
    Friday: flying after work down to Dallas to spend a weekend visiting friends. Fly back here Sunday evening.
    I hope you packed your long johns and warm hat! The "Artic Blast/Canadian Crusher" arrived last night, and it'll be below freezing for at least 3 days. Icy roads this morning, but no more precip predicted, so it'll just be cold for your visit.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Salmissra View post
    I hope you packed your long johns and warm hat! The "Artic Blast/Canadian Crusher" arrived last night, and it'll be below freezing for at least 3 days. Icy roads this morning, but no more precip predicted, so it'll just be cold for your visit.
    Yes, it was cold by Dallas standards. It felt like a warm day in February in Chicago to me down there, which I am used to but trying to get away from! Not a bad town, a ton of interstates! Hit some good bars and clubs, got back to the hotel around 5-6am on Sunday morning so I was a zombie for the rest of the day (had to go back into work for a few hours after my flight back).

Family Guy

+ Reply to thread
Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 237
    Last post: 09 Sep 2014, 10:04 AM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 3:11 PM
  3. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club