Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 6 of 88 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Today we are going up to NYC via train to enjoy the lovely weather. We will go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Central Park, and then just wander around before meeting up with a friend for dinner.

Tomorrow will be laundry day. It will take a good chunk of my day I am sure. Then go grocery shopping and cook a nice dinner.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    Friday - (Already come and gone......I grilled great burgers and was asleep on the Bettendorf by 8:00 AM)
    What's a Bettendorf?

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by TOFB View post
    What's a Bettendorf?
    Oh, my bad. I typed in the wrong Quad City. Try again.....

"I was asleep on the Moline by 8:00 PM."

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    Oh, my bad. I typed in the wrong Quad City. Try again.....

"I was asleep on the Moline by 8:00 PM."

Bear
    Why don't you just go to Bedford?

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    'Twas a magnificent day in the Big Apple. There was a bit of an issue getting into the city as all inbound and outbound trains from NJ Transit and Amtrak were sharing one lane through the tunnel which caused some delays. Trains were packed due to the very nice weather and the pope visiting the city. Didn't get up to the Metropolitan Museum of Art but did manage to hit a great sale at Macy's flaghip store and take advantage of my friend's employee discount as well as have lunch with him. Then we went off to Time's Square to putter around and met up with another friend, went to Central Park for a nice stroll and people watching, had dinner, and then came home.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2001

Short week for me

Three guys and I are heading over to Amelia Island Wednesday for three days of golf in NW Florida and SE Georgia. We have tee times at Laurel Island Links, Sanctuary Cove, and the Golf Club at North Hampton. Woo hoo!!!
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Jan 2006
    I topped off the weekend with a Grade II shoulder separation. Dr's advice: You are too old to play defensive back. Any worse and it would have screwed up Vegas . . .

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Will be in a community on the coast of the Hudson Bay in northern Canada for the entire weekend! No idea what I'll be doing, but I'll be there!

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    CABIN TRIP for the wife's birthday. This time it is just us and the two dogs. Hopefully our yellow lab will not decide to explore the woods on her own.

Registered
    May 2003

Weekend Plans For Da Bear

No biggies planned this last weekend in April. Today (Friday) the temps in northern Ohio were over 80F......first time since last October. Tonight and Saturday the showers will move in.....warm at first, changing to cold rain. Temps on Sunday will be in the 50F range and the first few days of next week plummet to the 40F range. Gotta love Great Lakes Region weather.....always an adventure.....

......and contributes to weekend plans.....

Friday - Taking it easy. Nothin' doing.

Saturday - Loud rock and roll in garage, building a new work bench, test driving my new table saw, maybe check out a few things on the boat.

Saturday PM - Probably Loma Linda's.

Sunday - Work on "world's largest hand-drawn fictional city map", watch movies while "Amishing-along" with WLHDFCM. Just bought a James Dean collection.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Friday: errands, 4 hrs by pool, cook chowder for kid and me for tomorrow night (always better on the second day....)

Sat: clean the stinking white tile floors. Maybe get some sun.

Sun: RJ returns from golf. Cooking a new menu from "Crescent City Cooking" by Susan Spicer that I got from Amazon a few days ago. Not disclosing the menu since he might check in on one of his golf buddies' laptops.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I have a lunch date tomorrow. Should be interesting.
    Laundry
    Take crap to Goodwill
    Brave Costco on a weekend
    Cook lots of food
    Read and write....I have a studio report due on the 30th

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    Evaluating A-----'s EVDO coverage on US-131 headed south. The guy has a vocal concert in South Bend tonight. During his rehearsal, I'll visit a local jam session at a farmer's market.

Last night we went to the local contra dance, music provided by a pick-up band. He wants to learn to play fiddle, so we brought mine along (and I played my mandolin). One or two (well, 15) fiddlers there, so he had lots of role models. (Good way to learn an instrument: sit in with other players within visual range; let your fingers "trust the force, Luke." It's magical!)

Registered
    Sep 1999
    RJ finally got home about 3:30 today, then I had to follow him to the airport to drop of the rental minivan.

Dinner: mixed green salad with homemade blue cheese vinaigrette, portobellos stuffed with a hot italian sausage mix with ricotta, parmesan, red bell pepper, etc, and a basmati rice dish. Key Lime Pie to follow. Accompanied by a bottle of Barefoot Brut.

Tomorrow we're back to normal foods like chicken nachos.

Registered
    Apr 2007
    After getting record snowfall on Friday (about 20 inches), I celebrated a girlfriends birthday at a wine tasting then some bar hopping. I was cut off after about 3 drinks (post-wine tasting, where I couldn't tell you how much I had). Because of the weather, I couldn't stand, much less walk, in my heels and I kept falling. I noticed on Saturday that I had a nice gash on my knee and another on my foot Wasn't feeling too great, either.

Saturday night my boyfriend told me that we were invited to a wine tasting and had to be ready in an hour. When his buddy had called to invite us, the bf told him that I had "just gone to one last night and was feeling rough, but she's a trooper, so we'll be there". Yeah. Actually had a blast at that one, mostly because I remember it.
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!" ~Calvin and Hobbes

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Well i got to go to the races on Saturday, which was great as i got to spend the whole day with the new BF, i met his best mate and my cousin hung out. Started drinking at 11am- finished about 12am, bet a little bit, got dressed up and had an awesome time.
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" Zoolander

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Jimmy Buffett concert tailgating Friday and Saturday. Concert Saturday evening.
    Drove back all day yesterday.
    Had a wonderful time.
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I borrowed The Man's pressure washer to clean the pool deck and vinyl siding on the house tomorrow. My goal is to complete the chore before the thunderstorms pass through in the afternoon.

Sunday: 7:45 tee time. I see that ZG has goodies in the frig for Sunday brunch. Yummies. Then the afternoon will be spent pool side.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    May 2003

Weekend Planz

This Bear covered for a vacationing Supervisor the past few days, resulting in some 13-hour days. Result: tired, taking it easy Friday PM.

Saturday AM - Loud rock and roll in the garage, general putzing, assembling Katie's new yard swing, maybe clean the boat.

Saturday Later Afternoon - Maybe Cabella's Outdoor in Dundee, MI, followed by (probable) Loma Linda's in PM.

Sunday - More garage stuff (but not for long) and relax most of day, watching old movies and working on WLFCM (De Noc).

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Aug 2002
    I was really hoping to finish my big topsoil-moving-and-gardening project this weekend, but the weather is not cooperating: dreary and drizzly. Due to the rain we had earlier this week, the pile of topsoil sitting just off the driveway is basically mud. Looks like I need to figure out an alternative plan.

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    Just finished a walk-about with a new handyman builder, referred by an electrician. (House is 1890s vintage, with a 2' wide staircase; hoping to get that resolved this spring.)

Now it's off to Favorite City's yard waste site for some free (favorite word!) wood chips, to be sprinked around my bulbs and hosta. Mulch Is Good.

Then it's load up my PA system and repair to Windmill Island where I will call dances for participants at the Dutch Trade Faire. Here's a snippet from last year: http://www.spike.com/profile/veloise/video/2972897

I don't know if y'all experience this or not, but it seems that teh bigger the event, the more likely the weather forecasters are going to give you the 'Chamber of Commerce'[TM] forecast -- you know, sunny, mild breezes, temps in the mid- to upper 70s, even though all of their Stormcutter Super Duper Doppler Radar (and a check of the NWS website as well as a look out the studio window) tells them it's going to be windy (very windy, indeed) and extremely wet.

Thus, my weekend started with winds gusting to 46mph and heavy rain while my cohorts and I stood in the infield of Churchill Downs for the 134th running of the Kentucky Oaks, a 1-1/8 mile race for 3YO fillies. Even though I was prepared for the weather, I was soaked to the bone by the time I got home. At least I got my Derby bets in and won a little on Friday as well.

Today, I'll finish replacing the sill of a leaky dormer and tomorrow finish repainting the dormer and other miscellaneous stuff. If I don't finish tomorrow, there's always Tuesday after I go to the polls.

EDIT: D'oh. I'll be watching to see if those Derby bets come in. If they do, you'll be able to hear me yelling clear to Toledo. Big Bets+Big Odds = Big Payout$$.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Rose up early this morning to hit the Farmers Market, but I was still too late to get strawberries. But I scored some green beans, zuchini, tomaters (as my mom would say), two flats of sun-happy flowers and worm castings. Yes, I bought worm poop!

Then I planted the flowers. Now I'm cooling off before jumping in the shower. Then it's off to the parental's to watch over dad while mom runs errands.

Tomorrow is open. Probably will crochet and read.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Celebrating ZG's birthday tomorrow: lunch at Margaritaville out at the beach, bb-q prime rib dinner by the pool.
    Sunday, a 7:45 tee time. The afternoon spent by the pool reading Carl Hiaasen's new book and sipping margaritas.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Taking a 3 day weekend, Sat-Mon, in the country working/relaxing on the mini-ranch. Won't head out until Sat. a.m. because we need to vote down the local school bond package first. Usually pro-education but Dallas has a demonstrated history of administrative incompetence, graft, and an ability to turn pearls into swine.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

+ Reply to thread
Page 6 of 88 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 242
    Last post: 17 Jul 2015, 2:36 PM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 3:11 PM
  3. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 940
    Last post: 06 Jan 2008, 9:31 PM