+ Reply to thread
Page 60 of 88 FirstFirst ... 50 59 60 61 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2176

Thread: The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Kaboom Weekend

Independence Day weekend for this Bear.....

Friday PM - We had some friends over, sat in the yard by the fire pit, drank some beers, watched the Swanton fireworks. Swanton is one of the few smaller villages to still have a fireworks display, funded from contributions and (I think) some gate receipts from Chamber of Commerce events (such as last week's "Party In The Park"). Last night's display was one of the best since I moved to this burg about a dozen years ago. The fireworks are easily viewed from my yard. We live just a few blocks from the high school football stadium and that is where they ignite the kaboomers.

Saturday - Going to head outside a bit later. Working on the boat and the fishing gear.
    Saturday PM - Probably have another firepit flamer, just Katie and I.
    Sunday - As always, work on giant fake city (De Noc) and watch olde movies. No doubt the air conditioning will come back on.....expecting temps to go back above 90F. Yuck.
    Monday - Back to work. Yes, that's right.....work. We are working our distribution center on Monday. I will be there but my guess is that a lot of the "suits" will not be in. Oh well, it is a "floating holiday" that I can use anytime.

Have a safe Independence Day.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Saturday - Walked in a parade for a friend of mine who's running for county-wide office
    Sunday - Going to an annual family party at my aunt's house
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Went camping in the NC mountains - a group of 29 of us. Some in the group have been doing this over the 4th for 20 years now, but this was our 5th time since we usually have a family reunion at the same time.

Nice hikes up to Mount Mitchell, swimming in the South Toe River, drinking way too much than we should of - much fun was had by all.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    May 2003

Triple Header

This Bear is taking a v-day on Friday, so an enjoyable (hopefully) 3-day weekend is on tap.

Friday - Mosey out to the big anti-Cyburbian 2-story barn-like garage. Sorting, cleaning, organizing.....just general "nice to be outside and active" putzing. Rock and roll will be on tap......CDs going out to the massive stereo in said BAC2SBLG will include Lighthouse (Live), Radiohead, Wilco (Live), and Woodstock. Good listenin'!

Friday PM - Campfire by the fire pit, Rolling Rocks, grill or fork above the campfire some dawgs. Oh, that reminds me......must take Deep Purple to the garage....."Smoke On The Water".

Saturday - Carbon copy of Friday.
    Saturday PM - Considering sitting on the patio at local fishie restaurant Shuckers, enjoying some Rock, chowing on perch.

Sunday - The usual. Olde movies, De Noc, relax. Next week at the workplace will be very busy for this ole' Bruin.....covering for the Production Control Manager, plus some off-site meetings. Need to relax Sunday to prep for the long week.

Have a great weekend, y'all.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Friday-Got invited to a birthday party hosted by some new friends I met at the 4th of July bbq. It's nice I actually have time to socialize now.

Saturday-Shop for architecture supplies in the form of basswood, foam core, and exacto knives. RT is loving her summer architecture/art program and has her first model to build over the weekend. We will be going to a Puerto Rican-Colombian wedding in the evening.

Sunday-Recover from the wedding and reception and get ready for the week ahead.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Friday - Celebrating the old anniversary

Saturday - Enjoying the nice weather and having a family picnic with some friends (playing Fricket... if you haven't played it is much better than cornhole...)

Sunday - Watching World Cup and trying to finish some projects that I continually am trying not to finish...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Fri - vacation starts at 4:01!, Kim Chi with the BF.
    Sat - volunteering for local 5k, picking up share at CSA, laundry, cleaning and packing related to trip, watching World Cup
    Sun - playing soccer, watching World Cup, playing soccer.
    Last edited by dandy_warhol; 09 Jul 2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: forgot about my crush! what was i thinking??

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Friday - Yard work and preparations for party
    Saturday - More preparations for party in AM; Attend cousin's grad party in PM
    Sunday - Graduation party for yours truly
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Fri: nothing special planned

Sat: dog park, then World Cup watching. Dinner with the parental units.

Sun: Wedding - scheduled to start 1/2 hour after the World Cup Final game starts!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Tonight: Case Brief preparation and law review for CPM (Certified Public Manager) class.

Tomorrow: All day CPM class in Denver, followed by graduation party for a friend's franchise school master's

Sunday: Rest and relaxation. Relocation of plants in back yard to make room for more grass followed by hanging out in the shade with ZLad so he play in the grass.
    Maybe go to the town pond and try to recatch the Blue Gill from last weekend that stole my favorite mosquito pattern dry fly.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Today: Lunch and sight seeing with the boys in San Francisco. Dinner back here in Berkeley. Then take the youngest unit to the airport for his flight home.
    Saturday: Fly back to Florida.
    Sunday: Spend the day in bed recovering....among other things.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Friday-Saturday: oil painting: finished gessoing a few small practice canvasses. Bought several different types of linseed oil and liquin so I'm going to practice drawing and painting different types of trees.
    Sunday: probably head over to the pool for a few hours. Been a couple of weeks and I'm slowly loosing my tan.
    "This is great, honey. What's the crunchy stuff?"
    "M&Ms. I ran out of paprika."

Family Guy

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    Today: Lunch and sight seeing with the boys in San Francisco. Dinner back here in Berkeley. Then take the youngest unit to the airport for his flight home.
    Saturday: Fly back to Florida.
    Sunday: Spend the day in bed recovering....among other things.
    Like getting all the dead bugs out of the pool? Perv...

Registered
    May 2003

A Rolling Rock Weekend

This Bear has no big plans for the weekend. More of the usual.....

Fri PM - Relax, watch thunderstorms movin' about, drink Rolling Rock.
    Sat - Work on boat, fishing gear, camping gear, yadda.
    Sat PM - Either Loma Linda, Schuckers (perch ), or backyard fire pit. Whatever the call, Rolling Rock will be involved.
    Sunday - The usual. Work on De Noc, watch olde movies.

Predictable Bear Guy
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Gig for My class reunion

Registered
    May 2004
    Tonight - Gonna go see Star Anna and the Laughing Dogs. Yay!
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Picnic - in 100 degree weather. Awesome.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2001
    We're heading up to Atlanta tomorrow morning for the weekend. Giants vs. Braves games Friday and Saturday night. We also have tickets to the CNN center on Saturday. Hope to hit a couple of historic neighborhoods.

Registered
    May 2003

Stanfastic Weekend Planned

This Bear's weekend plans.....

Friday - Enjoy the cooler weather (low 80F) with low humidity.
    Friday PM - Grill something, maybe chicken.
    Saturday AM - Work in the garage. Katie is staining woodwork. I am putzing.
    Saturday Afternoon - Stan-O-Rama, A-Squared.

Rock and roll on the big garage stereo (before 90 minute trip to SF).....Stones, Wilco, BST, MC5.

Saturday PM - Not sure. Might do a Loma Linda trek. Been awhile.
    Sunday - Kick back into normal schedule: Work on De Noc, watch olde movies.

Monday - Attack what will be a huge stack of work and e-mails, waiting for a certain largish bruin who has been away from the workplace for 9 days.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Auction tomorrow. Pretty excited about it. I love auctions - you get a ton of stuff for a low price. Looking to get 500 sheets of 8x4 drywall for under $300. Someone is dry-walling their barn on the cheap!! (it's me)

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Tonight: Going to Cornfest in DeKalb, IL for some free corn and to go see early 90s hair band Firehouse.
    Saturday: Volunteering at the Cornfest to help a friend who's running for local office
    Sunday: Church in morning, maybe mow lawn during day. Aerosmith concert at night.
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    May 2003

Corny Fest !!!

This Bear's weekend plans.....

Friday PM - Relaxing, maybe watch a movie, hit the hay early because I was at the workplace this morning at 4:45.
    Saturday AM & Early PM - Doing some outside chores.
    Saturday PM - Swanton Corn Fest, baby! Katie will be working the beer tent from 7:00 to 9:00. I will google.....make that "go ogle".
    Sunday - Work on De Noc, watch olde movies.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Spent last weeked on vacation down in Texas visting friends in DFW and Houston, stopped off at Galveston, too, got way too burned from spending several hours in the water

This weekend, wrapping up on an EA for a transportation project. In the office all day Saturday and Sunday. First time I have asked for an extension on any deadline in 7-8 years. I don't feel guilty about it but as a rule I usually don't do it.
    "This is great, honey. What's the crunchy stuff?"
    "M&Ms. I ran out of paprika."

Family Guy

Registered
    May 2003

Comrade Bear's Weekend Plans

The plans for this weekend.....

Friday PM - Relax
    Saturday AM - Taking a bunch of cartons to the UPS Store. Shipping stuff to my son in Portland, OR.
    Saturday AM - Assembling the new grill.
    Saturday PM - Loma Linda, baby!
    Sunday - Work on De Noc, watch olde movies.

Next weekend.....Labor Day weekend! Gonna make it a 4-banger, by taking Tuesday after Labor Day off.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Friday: Get toasted on good wine and good company

Sat: run errands, including picking up new blinds, and clean out garage

Sun: recover from work done on Saturday, drink more good wine
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

+ Reply to thread
Page 60 of 88 FirstFirst ... 50 59 60 61 70 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 237
    Last post: 09 Sep 2014, 11:04 AM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 4:11 PM
  3. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 940
    Last post: 06 Jan 2008, 10:31 PM
  4. Weekend Plans