Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 62 of 87 FirstFirst ... 52 61 62 63 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 2175

Thread: The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Supposed to be sunny and around 60. Saturday get out for a ride on the Harley, then ride up to a friend's and put it into hibernation in his garage until April. Sunday take the wife to the airport and ship her to S. Carolina to visit her mother and aunt for 2 weeks.

Registered
    May 2005
    Saturday = house cleaning
    Sunday = playing music!
    Monday = day off! Will spend part of it at the library getting books to prepare for the Foreign Service Exam in February (I hope...)
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Canadian Thanksgiving is this weekend. And I don't have to drive 1000 km this year!

Fri. Evening - haircut, dinner out, shopping
    Sat. - Groceries, Home Depot, Renovations, hockey, long walk
    Sun - More renos,Thanksgiving dinner with some of Mme. Tranplanner's family in town
    Mon - More renos/housework, small Thanksgiving dinner with friends at our place

Registered
    Jun 2009
    Going up to Chicagoland so my wife can attend my cousin's "I was going to get married but now I'm not" party. I plan to hang out with one of my old high school buddies who I don't get to see very often.
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Registered
    May 2005
    Tonight is night 8 that it's just me and my oldest daughter. My wife and other daughter will be home on Sunday.

Red Wings open their NHL season tonight.

There's a little pigskin game going on in A2 tomorrow. Not sure who's playing, but I hear it's kind of a big deal.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001

Long weekend plans....

Tonight - ZG has a pot roast in the slow cooker then I'm watching the Giants vs. Braves.
    Saturday - Off to Atlanta.
    Sunday - Giants vs. Braves game.
    Monday - Mid-day: Golf on a Robert Trent Jones course in suburban Atlanta. Evening: Giants vs. Braves (if necessary).
    Tuesday - Return home unless the Giants win tonight and Sunday. Then we return on Monday and skip the golf.

EDIT: Thank god I'm leaving. ZG is cooking that nasty knockwurst chowder to eat while I'm gone.
    Last edited by Richmond Jake; 08 Oct 2010 at 6:57 PM.
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Off-topic:
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    There's a little pigskin game going on in A2 tomorrow. Not sure who's playing, but I hear it's kind of a big deal.
    A fun, interactive game for that very occasion. Enjoy.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Saturday - driving home from the APATx Conference, a little outlet mall shopping, and then evening at home recovering.

Sunday - all those regular weekend errands/activities/chores that didn't get done Sat. due to not being home.

Monday - not a holiday. Going to work, and will have a nasty meeting about the poor newcomers in a NIMBY neighborhood. Rich people make me want to pull out my hair!!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Saturday-Sunday: driving to KC to hang out with some friends I haven't seen in a few months. Other than that, no plans
    "This is great, honey. What's the crunchy stuff?"
    "M&Ms. I ran out of paprika."

Family Guy

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Busy weekend for ip:

Friday: See a friend for their birthday and check out their new apartment
    Saturday: NIU Homecoming. All-day tailgating, watch game, drink heavily, have fun with my college friends and relive good times.
    Sunday: 1st birthday party for my second nephew!
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Friday: Change poopy diapers
    Saturday: Change poopy diapers
    Sunday: Change poopy diapers
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)

"I wanna go back to Michigan, to dear old Ann Arbor town..."

Homecoming. Alumni band. Fun fun fun.

I play in several community bands where I am the only tuba or euphonium. It's a treat to sit back and bask in the decibels of an entire section, And the accolades from the spectators are pretty nice, too.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    ZG and I are going over to Sandestin for a stay at Baytowne Wharf to celebrate our third wedding anniversary (and watch the Giants game on Saturday night ).
    The actual anniversary day is not until next Wednesday but I'm confident we'll still be together by then.
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Cue The Chain Saw

My neighbor owns a tree-cutting company. My big dead tree in the back yard is coming down Saturday, at a really nice price. This Bear then gets to play "lumberjack" and slice it into pieces. I have cut many trees down in my time but my health ain't what it should be.....so I let the tree service, with their bucket truck, do the dance.

I am taking a vacation day on Friday. Katie's Honda has a problem, taking that to the local service dude. It was parked for the last couple days at her sister's place.....Katie was nervous about driving it with the ENGINE light on. According to the manual the light usually signifies an emission problem. I drove it home tonight, no problem.

I was going to take my dead couch to the landfill tomorrow (Friday) morning but Katie will be using my truck. Oh well....

Weekend plans.....

Friday - Listed above & work out in garage (putz dancing).
    Friday PM - Backyard fire pit, maybe some brats on the open fire, Rolling Rocks.
    Saturday - More garage stuff (maybe) and college football.
    Saturday PM - Loma Linda.
    Sunday - Same as every Sunday: Take it easy, work on De Noc, watch olde movies & watch Pittsburgh Steeler football.

Y'all have a super weekend.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Tomorrow I'm pulling out at noon, driving home, then packing up the wife and dog and heading up to God's Country (i.e. Oklahoma). Saturday is OU Homecoming against Iowa State. This'll be the one game we get to go to this year. Sunday will be spent with family, and then we'll drive back to Austin Monday morning, and I'll return to work on Tuesday.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Friday night: pizza & movie night
    Saturday: golf in the morning - farm party in the afternoon, evening, night, etc.
    Sunday: church and harvest festival (I'll probably be very moving slow at both of these events)
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Mar 2007
    I came to DC this weekend.

Friday: Hit up some bars with my friend who lives here
    Saturday: Rally to Restore Sanity/Fear
    Sunday: Marine Corps Marathon - It was a great course with lots of cool monuments and architecture to see along the way, but my favorite part was seeing Marine One fly over real low watching the runners while I was out on the course.

(I sort of regret that I'm not home right now though because it's my daughter's first Halloween, but she's only 12-weeks old so I'm probably not really missing anything of consequence)

Semper Fi!
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Tonight: Library's 10th anniversary event; soccer; assembling wedding invitations
    Saturday: mail invitations, hair appointment, travel to NYC for Ethiopian fud and the Dandy Warhols concert, Waffle House at 2am on trip back home
    Sunday: soccer (if I can drag myself out of bed), relaxing with pets

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Tonight-Fly to FL
    Saturday-niece's 1st birthday party/hang out with family etc
    Sunday-see some FL friends and fly home.

Thanks Dad for the plane ticket so I didn't have to drive!
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Tonight - finish GRE crash course book.
    Saturday - football, lounge, start outlining personal statements
    Saturday - write final recommendation request letters for planning school apps, church.

Uneventful weekend planned in the TexanOkie household. However, contemplating a trip to Houston on Thursday because both me and the wife have off.

Next weekend: GRE.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Close up the northwoods cottage.
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    I am the sponsor for a friend's daughter for her confirmation on Saturday, then a party thereafter then Sunday I really need ot put my house in gear - cleaning, laundry, organizing

I leave next Sunday for a conference in Florida so I have to get things together for the household.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    F- Nothing
    S- Nothing
    S- Nothing

That's right. It will be a good weekend
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jul 2006
    F - Quality control check on the adult beverage stockpile
    S - Deal with roof leak that wasn't a problem during the summer, mourn another loss by the BLUE, dinner with friends, q/c check on the adult beverage stockpile
    S - Church, pro football, Cowboys football (no longer a professional team, hardly even a team), q/c check on the adult beverage stockpile
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    May 2005
    F-working until 7 and then playing percussion for a Dia de los Muertos performance. Then drinking beer.
    S-kids to aikido and ballet. Then, nothing in particular!
    S-bike ride and even more of the best of nothing in particular! - its a rare weekend...
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

+ Reply to thread
Page 62 of 87 FirstFirst ... 52 61 62 63 72 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 233
    Last post: 15 Aug 2014, 4:25 PM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 3:11 PM
  3. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 940
    Last post: 06 Jan 2008, 9:31 PM