Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 60 69 70 71 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2176

Thread: The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    ZG and I are heading to central Florida tomorrow morning for a few days. The trip will include a visit to Celebration. I'll be sure to take and post pics for all you lovers of pastel colors.

Registered
    Mar 2004

Hmmm......

Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    ZG and I are heading to central Florida tomorrow morning for a few days. The trip will include a visit to Celebration. I'll be sure to take and post pics for all you lovers of pastel colors.
    Count the number of ......wait a minute......do they even allow for sale signs there???
    Skilled Adoxographer

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Weekend With Bear

This Bear's weekend plans.....

Friday - Nothing special......just workplace blues and (maybe) grillin' some brats.
    Saturday - (Maybe) heading to the landfill (if I don't do that trip Thursday morning b4 I head to the office).
    Saturday - Putzing in the infamous anti-Cyburbian 2-story barn-style garage.
    NOTE: Rock and roll will be loud, enter at your own risk.
    Saturday - Might go looking at new lawnmowers.
    Saturday PM - Either grillin' or hittin' a bar.
    Sunday - Some time outside, some time inside, working (as usual) on De Noc and watching olde movies.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jun 2009
    See: The NEVERENDING Dating Thread
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Friday - sleeping on the sofa after the "procedure" in the morning
    Saturday - golf in the morning and then waiting for the inpending Rapture with a few which have been saved for a special occassion
    Sunday (Option 1) - waking up after the Rapture failed to appear, going to church, going for a bike ride
    Sunday (Option 2) - nothing, the Rapture took care of those plans
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    Fri - Favorite caller/mentor is coming to Tulip City! I'll send him and his wife (another of my all-time favorite people) home with some of the bulbs I salvaged from the greenhouse compost-to-be pile. (He's a master gardener.)

Sat - Was headed to capital city for Opening Day on the recall petitions. Now it appears that I'll be headed to the D for a funeral. Long-time friend, met him when I started going to Detroit Country Dance Society events in 1982. He was a year older than me; diabetes.

Looks like I can hit a dance on my way home through Lansing. Ben would like that.

Sun - the local flashmobber is hosting a "lipdub" with a focus on "visit GR." Simply cries for street tuba.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    National Pike Festival on Saturday.

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    National Pike Festival on Saturday.
    Ok, so I'm going to guess that has to do with fishing, highways or medieval weaponry.

Me, I'm heading up to our little place in the mountains to paint a building and haul some flagstones to finish a patio. Having a big ole party up there next weekend after the end of school so I need to get it ready for guests. And we got rain up there (and some snow, too), so I'm excited to see how much things have greened up.
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Working Friday and Saturday. I've also been volunteered to fry up chicken for 20 kids on the track team on Saturday night.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    [QUOTE=wahday;591018]Ok, so I'm going to guess that has to do with fishing, highways or medieval weaponry.[QUOTE]

It's one of the first federal highways, which is now US 40. It began in Baltimore and was built as far as Vandalia, IL. Good guess.

Registered
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    It's one of the first federal highways, which is now US 40.
    Interesting little factoid about my current whereabouts, Hwy 40 runs right through my fair city, although I am nowhere near Baltimore or Vandalia.

Saturday night I am going to funky town. Not figuratively either. I am literally going to check out a place by the name of funky town. I imagine it will be quite funky.
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Saturday we're headed to the beach with a batch of margaritas.
    Sunday morning I'm golfing; afternoon will be consumed by pool time.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Blew out of work only 1/2 hour early today.
    Tomorrow: yard work, grilling lunch and dinner, hanging by and in the pool (water temp is up to 92° F).
    Sunday: Grilling lunch and dinner, hanging by and in the pool.
    Monday: Golf (8:30 tee time), hanging by and in the pool, grilling dinner.

I leave a damn boring and predicable life.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Working on mobile apps for the Cyburbia Forums, so Cyburbians can view and post to the site while they're struggling to stay awake at a boring meeting, or relaxing on the toilet. (Yes, they'll be free. ) Also doing some early planning for the eventual migration of the site to vBulletin 4. I'm probably also going to spend some time with SmartCode calibration and tweaking.

30,000+ people flood into the town for graduation at Cornell, and the unsolicited advice I'm getting from everybody is GET THE EFF OUT OF TOWN THIS WEEKEND! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR ... GO! I might take a road trip to Corning, to check out the glass museum. Last time I was there, I was seven years old. Which also happens to be one reason why Ithaca is the bong capital of the United States; many glass blowers get their training at Corning, and nearby Ithaca is a natural place to open a studio. Their works are featured in the many head shops downtown. The "glass" they create is stunning, but it's also very expensive.

I'll probably go to the Farmer's Market in a few minutes to grab some lunch.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Working all three days
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    May 2003

5 Days Off!

This Bear is now in Day 2 of a 5-day time off. In addition to the Memorial Day weekend I also grabbed a couple vacation days.

Yesterday (Day 1) Saturday - Worked outside all day. Attacked a fence project, did some cleaning and organizing in the giant anti-Cyburbian 2-story barn-style garage, and listened to some loud rock and roll.

Rock and roll plans for the entire weekend include Nuggets (garage rock and roll from the late 1960s), Chicago Live At Carnegie Hall, Lighthouse Live At Carnegie Hall, Beatles Anthology 3, Woodstock, Allman Brothers Box Set, and Vanilla Fudge "Near The Beginning".

Note: I have a sign on the interior north wall of the giant "man cave" garage: "Danger: Loud Noise - Ear Protection Required".

Sunday AM - Run to the grocery for some grillin' foods, etc. Back out in the garage a tad later. Might have a thunderstorm roll through later, we shall see.
    Sunday Sometime - Take Katie to her sis' house, to get her sis' car. Sis in hospital.
    Monday - More outside stuff. Included is repairing a broken window. Yes, I know how to glaze!
    Tuesday - Even more outside stuff, including cleaning boat and washing rugged Tundra.
    Wednesday - Possibility that a fishing trip to Michigan's Irish Hills might happen.

Back to work on Thursday. Yuck. Oh well, it beats starving.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend and remember what we are remembering: Those who fought and died to keep our freedoms.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    ZG and I are headed up to Thomasville GA for the weekend. Leaving early from work on Friday and returning Sunday. It's a cute little town I've traveled through a couple of times. Historic areas, handsome looking commercial district and plantations.

Yes, we plan on taking pictures and posting.

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Going to my nephew's 3rd birthday party. Then I'm going to a Lincoln Day dinner (yes, I know, it's kind of late, considering those are usually held in February), where plenty of drinking and Republicanism will ensue.
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Jun 2009
    Going on a double date to a local concert tomorrow night. Saturday I'm heading up to Chicago for a going-away party with my extended family and some friends and will come back on Sunday.
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Registered
    Mar 2004
    I am going to sit back and live vicariously through Rygor.

IP, considering that the rest of the world outside of IL don't have Lincoln Day dinners, why would we be shocked its so late?

Taking dad to the Henry Ford for the Motor Muster so he can look at all of the cars he could not afford as a boy and don't want to bother owning now as they are too much work.
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Playing golf Sunday for the first time in slightly over a year. It's going to be ugly...
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Coming home to Chicagoland (first time in 9 months).

Friday: evening golf with family at one of the city courses followed by Superdawg (it has been at least 1 1/2-2 years since I last had their hotdogs). Spend some lazy time with the family on the porch. Meeting a friend for karaoke at a neighborhood bar in Forest Park.
    Saturday: My mom, a master gardener in her spare time, is designing a community vegetable garden at her parish (all food is donated to soup kitchens or food pantries) so she wanted to show me the progress. As a combination mother's day/birthday gift, I cranked out a quick planting plan in AutoCAD that went into the church bulletin this past May. Extended family is coming over for a cookout to see me in the afternoon, so I get to hold court
    Sunday: church, drive down with family to Lincoln Park for a meal at La Creperie (dad's request) then either spend time with family back in Park Ridge or visit some friends I haven't seen in the city.
    Monday: fly back to Houston then right back to the job search. I am bringing my work on my laptop with me just in case.
    "This is great, honey. What's the crunchy stuff?"
    "M&Ms. I ran out of paprika."

Family Guy

Registered
    May 2003

3-Day Weekend

This Bear is taking a vacation day today.....3-day weekend, woo-hoo!

Friday AM - Visit with Cyburbian pals (it has been awhile).
    Friday AM - Head outside to work in yard, on boat, and in garage. Yes, loud rock and roll will be involved.
    Friday PM - Driving Miss Katie: Katie's sis remains in rehab for her surgery, so Katie will be staying tonight with developmentally-disabled niece. I will take her to the Maumee, OH, home.
    Saturday - More outside stuff.
    Saturday PM - Tentative plans to hit Loma Linda.
    Sunday - Gonna take it easy. (Cue: Eagles). Watch olde movies, work on De Noc.
    _____

Next week is going to tire-out this ole Bear. I will be hitting the workplace very early and staying somewhat late, every day. Covering for a couple people on Monday and covering for one of my reports (supervisor) the balance of the week. She is off to some sort of Christian "Woodstock" in southern Ohio.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    May 2003

Independence Day Weekend

The three-day Independence Day Weekend is nearly a week away......but already this Bear is salivating.....

No big plans for the weekend. Just more outside yard and garage wandering. Watch the Swanton fireworks from lawn chairs in our yard. (Rolling Rock will certainly play a part. )

Friday PM - Possible Loma Linda adventure.
    Saturday All Day - Yard and garage rambling man stuff.
    Saturday PM - Possible Jed's adventure. Jed's is a Maumee, OH sports bar. It is close to where I may be dropping-off Katie.

Katie continues to spend considerable nights at her sister's house. Medical issues for sis.

Sunday - More outside stuffaroni.
    Sunday PM - Fireworks. Pow! Bam! Boom! ("Ewww....ahhhhh......")
    Monday - Relax, work on De Noc, watch olde movies.

Yankee Doodle Dandy will be watched, a Bear tradition.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Working Saturday and Sunday, not sure about the 4th yet since the rest of July's schedule isn't posted yet. More than likely I will probably draw the short straw to work some part of the 4th, hoping I get a day shift.

+ Reply to thread
Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 60 69 70 71 80 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 237
    Last post: 09 Sep 2014, 10:04 AM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 3:11 PM
  3. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 940
    Last post: 06 Jan 2008, 9:31 PM
  4. Weekend Plans