Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst ... 61 70 71 72 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2176

Thread: The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I'm taking off Friday and Tuesday to make a really long weekend, which I badly need. I have no plans yet, but like to watch a neighborhood fireworks display at a friend's business lot that's right across from the fireworks staging area.

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Friday - office closes at 3pm. Heading to the First Midwest Bank Amphitheater in Tinley Park, IL with a fellow hard-rocking, concertgoing friend to see Motley Crue, Poison, and the New York Dolls.

Saturday - not sure. Kind of up in the air. I'm sure it'll be a mix of lounging around the house during the day and possibly hanging out with friends at night

Sunday - was going to head down to LaSalle, IL to hang out with a college buddy I haven't seen in awhile, but apparently I'm seeing him tomorrow, so I may opt not to hang out again soon. But I'll probably hang out with him again anyways.

Monday - annual 4th of July party at my aunt's house in the northwest suburbs. Lots of great homemade salads along with Brown's Chicken, the best friend chicken chain in the Chicago area.
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Family coming into town and we'll be heading to my aunt & uncle's place on the big ole lake. Main activities include sitting on a float in the lake drinking beer, eating & sitting on afloat in the lake drinking beer. Fireworks will probabaly be on Sunday.

This is an annual event for the 4th and loads of fun.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Nuffin.

Maybe soccer on Sunday.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Friday night I'm planning on going to the Tiger game with a buddy of mine who is coming into town from DC and then to the bar probably.

I'll be spending Saturday cleaning out my garage... it's starting to get a bit unruly in there. I'll also be doing a bit of yard work and cleaning around the house.

Sunday we are having our annual 3rd of July party. This is our third year in a row for the party and it looks like this will be our smallest crowd since many of our normal guests will be Up North. I was going to make sandwiches or get a massive party sub and just have that available for everybody but the crowd looks like it will be small enough that I can BBQ without having to be in front of the grill for hours on end so we may just go that route again. We also got a new cornhole set so we are looking forward to using that during our party as well.

Our local fireworks display will be shooting off that night as well on a golf course that backs up to our street. Last year we discovered that we can see the display over the trees while standing in the front yard so we will probably do that again but we tell our guests that they are welcome to remained parked at our house if they want to walk to the fireworks.

We have no plans for the 4th... probably just cleaning up from the party the night before and returning bottles for the deposit. If it's nice, I'm hoping to get a run in.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Saturday and Sunday: job search
    Monday: probably drive over to Lake Travis in Austin for the day.
    "This is great, honey. What's the crunchy stuff?"
    "M&Ms. I ran out of paprika."

Family Guy

Registered
    Jun 2007
    The Missus and I will be in Oklahoma City Thursday through Saturday finding a place to live. On the way back to Austin, we'll stop at my parents' in Dallas for Independence Day celebrations.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Fianlly making it to the 'up north' cabin for the first time this year. Bringing the parents and will meet up with mom's brother's family many of whom live further north. I expect to be blowing through my weed eater as fast as the batteries allow!
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Not driving to and from Atlantic City from NC in one weekend to see a concert, get some taffy and fudge on the boardwalk like we did last weekend

Probably take it easy and try not to get eaten alive by bugs or stung by wasps like I did last week on my evening run.
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Friday: Picking up my 32 quart pot for homebrewing.

Saturday: Boiling wort, beginning fermintation. Cleaning house. Drinking purchased beer. Lighting the Pig Pit fire at 11pm.

Sunday: Putting 120# pig in pit at 3am. Wake up, clean some more then prepare for party. Drink beer, eat pig at 4pm.

Monday: Nothing.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Dec 2010
    I'm playing host all weekend, no complaining here though since it saves me about 16 hours of driving to get back home. I don't remember the last time I ever bought my own fireworks, but apparently people in KC go a little bit crazy on the 4th of July. I might as well join in on the fun and buy a few M-80s to set off in the parking lot.

My border collie is going to lose her mind this weekend!
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

Registered
    Jan 2006
    4 days 4 gigs 3 bands 3 cities. Its Summertime.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Going to the mountains on Friday. Camping and Fishing with the kids for three days. Getting away from this 110+ heat and heading for 55 degree nights.
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Jun 2009
    Friday evening I'll be arriving in Denver from Kansas City. I'll be spending the night Friday night at my friend's place in Denver (Stapleton neighborhood), hanging out with him on Saturday, staying Saturday night, then a LOOOONG drive from Denver to Tempe, AZ on Sunday. I'll be driving through some pretty awesome scenery, though.
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Rygor View post
    Friday evening I'll be arriving in Denver from Kansas City. I'll be spending the night Friday night at my friend's place in Denver (Stapleton neighborhood), hanging out with him on Saturday, staying Saturday night, then a LOOOONG drive from Denver to Tempe, AZ on Sunday. I'll be driving through some pretty awesome scenery, though.
    Nice scenery and fires.

Have fun in Denvah!
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Rygor View post
    Be sure to keep your camera somewhere easily accessible. I just looked at the basic route from Denver to Tempe on a map and that's got to be some gorgeous area to drive through, especially, if you like the Southwest like I do.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Friday: Sit at home all day and wait for various repairmen and deliveries and such. I will be entertaining myself with a bloody mary (or two).
    Saturday: Crossing fingers for beach time! If it rains, then I don't know. Followed up by grilling veggie hot dogs on the lanai and tasty beverages.
    Sunday: (Everyone is going to think I am a serious geek, but...) My neighbor has invited me to go play D&D with her math geek friends. I have no idea what this entails exactly, but there will be macadamia nut and banana pancakes, fresh grapefruit juice, and friendly faces, so along I go. I plan to win the game on my first try (if this is a game that one can win). Followed up by grilling some shoyu-ginger and sesame tofu with fresh corn and salad.
    Monday: Sleep.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Friday: Bolt from the office a little early, then head out to the military base for a Grillin' and Chillin' going away party for the base commander.
    Saturday: Some morning yard work before it gets too hot, grillin' and chillin' by the pool.
    Sunday: Morning golf then grillin' and chillin' by the pool.
    Monday: No plans. We'll play it by ear.

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    Friday night I'm planning on going to the Tiger game with a buddy of mine who is coming into town from DC and then to the bar probably.
    I may also be at the game Friday, with a buddy of mine from Port Huron!!
    Last edited by Gedunker; 30 Jun 2011 at 8:16 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I have been granted the 4th of July off. I also get to open (5:30am) on Sunday so really that gives me a day and a half off
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jan 2005
    My wife works so I am at home with the kids. In other words I will be doing very little. Probably some Little Einsteins watching, changing diapers, and arguing about why you can't go outside when it is raining....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    Monday: No plans. We'll play it by ear.
    We have a tee time at 9:00 if ya wanna show up...
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by kjelsadek View post
    I have been granted the 4th of July off. I also get to open (5:30am) on Sunday so really that gives me a day and a half off
    RT thinks that this means we will be going to the Shore because my dream is to sit on the Parkway and hang out all day with half the population of NJ & NYC. I'm thinking we're going to my friend's house in Milltown where they have a front row seat to the 4th of July festivities.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by kjelsadek View post
    going to the Shore
    because my dream is to sit on the Parkway and
    hang out all day with half the population of NJ & NYC. .
    1. - I LBI
    2. - What I don't miss about NJ
    3. - Beach Badges, alternate side of the street parking.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Friday: run to Buffalo to get the last of the family files out of the old house.

Saturday, Sunday, Monday: Chill. Hike. Pack up the dogs and run off to a state forest. Ride the bike around the city.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

+ Reply to thread
Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst ... 61 70 71 72 81 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 237
    Last post: 09 Sep 2014, 10:04 AM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 3:11 PM
  3. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 940
    Last post: 06 Jan 2008, 9:31 PM
  4. Weekend Plans