+ Reply to thread
Page 77 of 88 FirstFirst ... 67 76 77 78 87 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 2176

Thread: The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Losing sleep, changing diapers, and late night feedings
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Da Weekend, Eh?

This Bear's weekend shaping up as follows.....

Friday PM - Fell asleep in the chair at 7:00 PM, woke at 10:00 PM to watch Bill Maher (HBO), then crashed in the bed.
    Saturday - Might do some recording (trans vinyl tunes to CDs), for sure will work on De Noc, watch olde movies.
    Saturday PM - If Katie and I do not hit the din-din trail I will be whipping-up a giant batch of chili. Yum City, USA!
    Sunday - More De Noc, more old movies, watch NFL feetobowl.

Predicto: Patriots and Giants win.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Today:
    Laundry, re-installing software on laptop, grocery shopping, gym, going out.
    Tomorrow:
    Brought work home (GIS and Mapinfo) for a hard deadline on Tuesday. Also working on a 45 minute lunch presentation to my coworkers on GIS 101 that I am presenting in a few weeks. It's an e-learning corporate training for the company's three other offices with an audio/visual component, so I am also writing an actual script for the presentation. I'd rather be doing something fun but, hey, it's paid overtime
    "This is great, honey. What's the crunchy stuff?"
    "M&Ms. I ran out of paprika."

Family Guy

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Today: Watching the snow melt.
    Tomorrow: Laundry & grocery shopping.

So exciting I know.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Friday night: Had a friend over, and me, him, and my roommate proceeded to go through half a handle of Jim Beam (with Diet Coke of course) and listen to just about every 90s song from our childhoods we could think of
    Satruday: Going back home to see the family, possibly catch up on some reading, play with my dog in the snow
    Sunday: Church, watching the football games, and then American Idol

Yep, pretty typical weekend for me these days
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Sep 1999
    This morning we had to get a new vacuum cleaner, and ran some other errands, then spent a few hours getting some sun by the pool.
    This evening, RJ is grilling some beef filets.
    Tomorrow the kid and I are driving an hour or so to meet my brother for lunch; he'll be on his way home (central FL) from hunting in AL, so I figured the least we could do was drive up to the interstate to save him some time.
    I imagine the rest of Sunday will be devoted to watching football.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    This weekend for the Bear.....

Friday - Net surfed, watched Bill Maher (he was freaking hillarious).
    Saturday - Recycled stuff at the drop-off center, wrote-out some bills, started preparing to do my taxes. Watched Tora, Tora, Tora.
    Sunday - Plan to work on De Noc and (in the afternoon) walk the yard and pick-up "stuff" that winter seems to leave behind. 60F+ !!!
    Sunday Night - Looking forward to the already-controversial HBO flick that tells the story of John McCain's VP choice.....Sarah Palin.
    Monday - De Noc and olde movies. A combo that is tough to beat. Except maybe for sex and beer.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Going on a bike ride from Harvard, Illinois to Madison, Wisconsin. It's called Frozen Snot Century: Mission to Madison. Its supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I need to vacuum the pool tomorrow to prep it for the season. The water temperature is up to 82° F. If I could swim on Sunday afternoon that would fulfill a dream of mine to swim in March.
    Should wash and vacuum my car. (We'll see about that one.)
    Gin and tonics by the pool (weather looks to cooperate).
    Maybe watch some March Madness.
    Lots of barbecuing.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Laundry
    Eating whatever RJ barbeques
    Finalizing our DC trip details. Got the tix to Monticello, first night room in Charlottesville, last night room in Baltimore (thanks in part to Dandy's review on tripadvisor). Tomorrow, booking the 4 middle nights, probably in Alexandria, and getting a car.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Today: Beach, BBQ, watch the Giants opening game vs. the D'backs.
    Saturday: Chores around the house, pool time, BBQ.
    Sunday: See Saturday.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    I'm hoping the boss man let's us out of work early today for Good Friday as he has always done in the past. Of course, this being the first year in many that I actually work on Fridays, it will probably also be the first year in many that we are not let out early today. If I do get out early, I'm going for a run outside when I get home. It's cool and brisk today, but the sun is out. I'm also planning to make a chocolate pie tonight because it sounds good.

Saturday: Go for a walk in the morning to get my coffee and newspaper, do some yard work, and then fire up the grill for some brats while I watch the Tiger game
    Sunday: Another early a.m. walk and maybe some more yard work and watching the Tiger game before we head out to my parents' house for dinner and an Easter egg hunt after my daughter wakes up from her nap (her nap schedule luckily got us out of being responsible for bringing anything to dinner!)
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    It's a 3 day weekend for me too...

Today-4 huge loads of laundry, grocery shopping, and some new threads for the baby (With a gift card and coupon I got $52 worth for $0.22!)
    Tonight-Making empanadas, putting laundry away
    Tomorrow-Last minute shopping for Easter dinner and putting an Easter basket together for RT who insists that she get one because the baby gets one LOL. Making my other half homemade habichuelas con dulce for Easter dinner-men this is the equivalent of you doing all the housework without being asked by your wife. NSP reports
    Sunday-Cooking, eating, and not much else.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Heading off to "America's little Bavaria" this weekend

http://g.co/maps/qrqd9

Gonna eat me up some fried chicken and noodles.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Just told about ten minutes ago I'll be a bachelor for the weekend. Ms. P and her girlfriends are hangign out (and taking the daughters too).

Now its time to make some plans!
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Dec 2008
    I've got to use the chainsaw and haul away the rest of the stuff we've cut from the yard. I plan to sweat and swear a lot, hopefully making up for the way I cried like a baby watching "We Bought a Zoo" last night.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Just told about ten minutes ago I'll be a bachelor for the weekend. Ms. P and her girlfriends are hangign out (and taking the daughters too).

Lucky bastard!

Friday Night: I think we're taking the girls and their bikes to a nearby trail. They bike, we run. Probabaly dinner out after that.

Other than that no real plans for the weekend. We were thinking of a weekend trip to Chicago or Columbus, but decided against it since we wouldn't be able to do all the things we wanted. Plus hotel rates are very expensive this weekend, especially in the Windy City.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post

Friday Night We were thinking of a weekend trip to Chicago or Columbus, but decided against it since we wouldn't be able to do all the things we wanted. Plus hotel rates are very expensive this weekend, especially in the Windy City.
    How come the rates are high? First weekend of May, good weather finally? Just curious...not demanding that you change plans
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Mar 2007
    My wife is hosting a wedding shower for one of her cousins tomorrow and it also happens to be my mom's birthday so I have two great excuses to not be at home Saturday.

Our local farmer's market opens on Sunday so I think I may pack my daughter up in the stroller and make the 2 mile walk over there in the morning. There is a very nice park for her to play at in the area too while I buy hot dogs from the vendor at the market. I do have one project to accomplish around the house this weekend as well: cut two small pieces of slate to replace a couple broken ones on our front porch. I just keep putting it off but now that it's supposed to be sunny and dry this weekend, I don't really have much of an excuse.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    How come the rates are high? First weekend of May, good weather finally? Just curious...not demanding that you change plans
    We were told there were lots of college graduations this weekend in Chicago.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post

Time to go rent 'Brian's Song' (or other suitable bromance flick) and tear up with brewski in hand?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Sep 1999
    We had plans to go to the monthly Friday evening festival downtown when RJ got home. Now it looks like we'll be waiting for the air conditioning repair guy instead. It took me awhile to figure out the a/c wasn't working, I guess because of the hot flashes I've been having all damn day...

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    Lucky bastard!

Friday Night: I think we're taking the girls and their bikes to a nearby trail. They bike, we run. Probabaly dinner out after that.

Other than that no real plans for the weekend. We were thinking of a weekend trip to Chicago or Columbus, but decided against it since we wouldn't be able to do all the things we wanted. Plus hotel rates are very expensive this weekend, especially in the Windy City.
    So Friday night we did the bike/run thing. About 2/3 of the way through, my 6 year old decides she can't ride her bike anymore. I end up carrying her bike on my shoulders the rest of the way. Needless to say, I wake up Saturday morning with major back pain, which wrapped around my side and ended up with a knot in my stomach. I thought I could work through it, so the family ends up at the Detroit Zoo. My back only got worse. I ended up spending the last 2 hours of the zoo trip back in the car while my wife and daughters closed the zoo down.

We got back to the house around 6 that night, and I spent the rest of the night in my bed, in pain. Yesterday morning my back had relaxed enough where I wasn't in pain. This morning, I'm feeling about 99%.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Nothing special this weekend. Full day of work tomorrow. Thinking of getting up on Saturday and Sunday mornings while it's still cool and doing some pressure washing on the house. The rest of the days will be spent in and beside the pool.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    Nothing special this weekend. Full day of work tomorrow. Thinking of getting up on Saturday and Sunday mornings while it's still cool and doing some pressure washing on the house. The rest of the days will be spent in and beside the pool.
    No farmer's market? No brunch? No SPARKLING WINE?

Did I tell y'all that I asked for (garden) bulbs for my birthday? And RJ got me a pack of ONE HUNDRED gladiolus bulbs? Yeah, I'll be working on that over the weekend. Like, figuring out where in the world I can plant them, the clearing, the digging, the mulching...

+ Reply to thread
Page 77 of 88 FirstFirst ... 67 76 77 78 87 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 237
    Last post: 09 Sep 2014, 11:04 AM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 4:11 PM
  3. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 940
    Last post: 06 Jan 2008, 10:31 PM
  4. Weekend Plans