Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 80 of 87 FirstFirst ... 70 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2174

Thread: The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Saturday my wife and I are taking our daughter to the grandparents house on Lake Huron to go swimming and for a BBQ.

Sunday we are considering going to a nearby suburb which is having their annual antique/garage sale this weekend. We go every few years. It's always pretty hit or miss but it's still fun to look around. I think my favorite part is that there is carnival food available.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Jul 2006
    The a/c is out at my country house. My repair guy's truck is in the shop. May be stuck in Big D for the weekend, .
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Supposed to hit 101 today here in the Boston area

Registered
    May 2005
    Last full weekend before our housewarming party on the 11th.

I will be putting shelving up in the laundry room, hanging blinds, and painting window trim.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Draft Day for my Fantasy Football League. Much trash talk, beer, and food will be experienced.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    May 2005
    Biking biking biking! I got a new (used) bike for my birthday on July 6th but due to travel and other engagements, have only taken it on the trails once since then. Its killing me! Thought I was going out Saturday but now that has been moved to Sunday as the wife has to work. I’ve got my route planned out, dialed in the bike and am SOOOO ready…

Also, and this will come as a shock to most, my son begins school ON MONDAY! My daughter the week after. Its all happening so fast! Anyway, we’ll be getting school supplies this weekend also.
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Stripping the paint off my house with this...

It is also what I will be doing for several weekends.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Sep 1999
    We're thinking of taking the scenic drive along the panhandle's 30-A (http://www.floridascenichighways.com...c-highway-30a/) tomorrow, maybe hitting the farmer's market in Seaside. RJ was talking about lunch at PF Changs over in Destin, but we had such a dismal experience there last year....

Then Sunday, brunch and margaritas by the pool.

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)

If I had good sense...

...I would have shifted this evening's dance calling responsibilities to my mentor, or to the fiddle player who's started calling. (Small dance, too hot, outdoors, might be 40 people at the start. It's really not worth me driving four hours.) I need to find my tall stool, and a get-up that looks Victorian but is easier to slip into than a ballgown and hoopskirt.

Need ideas on how to make self-rehab an easier process. I'm sleeping in the living room, closer to the fridge, as I was getting up to refresh my ice pack every few hours. Got the idea to add a couch-side cooler to the mix, and that helped.

If the office aide had filled out the form, my Obamacare (<3) would have covered a stay in a facility with A/C and 24hr aides. But then I wouldn't have loving kitties rubbing on the foot that's attached to the knee that got worked on.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Vacation Starts

This Bear and Katie are now officially on vacation. Last year we enjoyed a lakeside cabin in the Upper Peninsula. This year I get to go see the oncologist. Going to a concert on Tuesday night. Other than the aforementioned, no plans. This weekend (for me) will include working on De Noc, watching Tiger baseball, and watching olde movies. When we originally talked about our vacation we were looking at options such as Pittsburgh, Niagara Falls, D.C., the YooPee. Unfortunately, Katie burned most of her v-days caring for her sister (who eventually passed) and her sister's developmentally-challenged daughter. And I have no strength for travel. So it is a weekend and a week at home.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Heading north this weekend to crimson and grey country for a weekend of booze, birdies (maybe bogeys) and shenanigans.
    hink & BUN, I'll be a couple hours away from you but is it okay to call if I need bail money?
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Saturday I need to climb up on the roof and add some flashing and a new rubber gasket around the vent pipe above one of the bathrooms. It leaked once about a year ago and I tried to patch it up. It seemed to hold fine all that time until a big rainstorm about a week ago. Now I guess it's time to fix it properly. Then I need to find somebody to come in and repair the plaster on the bathroom ceiling and wall. If it were drywall, or just a small patch, I could do it myself, but it's a rather big spot that needs to be repaired and it's in an awkward and obvious spot - a job for the professionals.

Sunday I have to go to my wife's lame cousin's even lamer husband's 50th birthday party. They don't even own a television! I'm missing the Lions game for this? This weekend is shot!
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Heading north this weekend to crimson and grey country for a weekend of booze, birdies (maybe bogeys) and shenanigans.
    hink & BUN, I'll be a couple hours away from you but is it okay to call if I need bail money?
    Scarlet and Gray. Scarlet and Gray. I know your colors are blue and tangerine. Come on...

I would be happy to bail you out. Just let me know what for, and I will determine if it is worth my drive.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 2004
    This weekend will be the official start of fall and that's reason enough for us to go to our favorite local cider mill
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Saturday, I'm heading to South Bend for the ND/UM game. Sunday, I have a crap ton of things to do around the house.

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner View post
    Saturday, I'm heading to South Bend for the ND/UM game. Sunday, I have a crap ton of things to do around the house.
    Go Irish!

Not really sure what's going on this weekend. There's a little get together for a friend's 35th birthday, but not sure I'm going to be able to make it.

On Saturday there's some free fun fest being put on by the Township park and rec department.

I also need to replace to final sets of hinges on doors in the house and start pricing out fencing materials.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Considering options, I think I'll either break a bunch of stuff or burn something down.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Scarlet and Gray. Scarlet and Gray. I know your colors are blue and tangerine. Come on...

I would be happy to bail you out. Just let me know what for, and I will determine if it is worth my drive.

We had an outstanding time this past weekend. Got some rain Saturday afternoon, but we played through it. The cops were never called so we were able to leave without the need for bail money. Had to drive through Columbus (a little out of our way) to pick up one of our buddies girlfriend who had gone up there for a week to visit friends. I best thing I saw in Columbus was the Columbus Crew stadium...
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    This weekend will be the official start of fall and that's reason enough for us to go to our favorite local cider mill
    Did you go?! The bf stopped at Uncle Johns on his way back from golfing up north and cider was $9.99 a gallon

Quote Originally posted by btrage
    Go Irish!
    Woot! Didn't end up going to the game, both my friend and I were sick, yuck. Was sleeping by the half, but awake for the 5 interceptions

This weekend going to State/Ohio game, hopefully State's offense turns crap around this week or it will be ugly.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Hubby and I are heading to Newport for the weekend. Hubby has USNR responsibilities on Friday and Saturday so I'll be relaxing. I'm hoping to go for a run along the cliff walk. Then we're heading up to Plymouth, MA to visit my old stomping grounds. I love Plymouth/the Cape this time of year.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    This Saturday is my 5 year wedding anniversary. We plan on going to dinner in Downtown and checking out Art Prize... (WITHOUT OUR KIDS!)
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    This Saturday is my 5 year wedding anniversary.
    Congrats! Our 5th is coming up next month.

We're heading to one of our favorite small towns Sat morning for lunch, and then driving just a bit further to attend a funeral. After that, no idea yet. Maybe cooking Sunday brunch if RJ isn't playing golf then.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Packing apartment. Moving cross town next weekend, cutting my commute from 30 miles one way to less than 2. Swamped with work at office but not complaining.
    "This is great, honey. What's the crunchy stuff?"
    "M&Ms. I ran out of paprika."

Family Guy

Registered
    May 2005
    On Saturday we are going to my BIL's girlfriend's college graduation party. It's at a senior center so I'm not sure what type of party this will be.

It's near Frankemuth, MI, so we may leave early in the day and hit Bronners, then make our way to the party. I detest Bronners, and my wife knows this. But I will go because I am a good husband and father .

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    On Saturday we are going to my BIL's girlfriend's college graduation party. It's at a senior center so I'm not sure what type of party this will be.

It's near Frankemuth, MI, so we may leave early in the day and hit Bronners, then make our way to the party. I detest Bronners, and my wife knows this. But I will go because I am a good husband and father .
    Since you're stopping in Frankenmuth you're pretty much also obliged to eat fried chicken at the Bavarian Inn. I personally recommend the 'Ultimate Bavarian style family dinner'. Their sauerbraten is a food group.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

+ Reply to thread
Page 80 of 87 FirstFirst ... 70 79 80 81 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 233
    Last post: 15 Aug 2014, 4:25 PM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 3:11 PM
  3. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 940
    Last post: 06 Jan 2008, 9:31 PM
  4. Weekend Plans