Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 81 of 88 FirstFirst ... 71 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2176

Thread: The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

Registered
    May 2005
    Its Autumnfest fest in my neck of the woods. This will be the third weekend in a row (with another venture set for next weekend as well) we will be going to some sort of autumn-themed fete(s). There is one on Saturday for my son’s school and Sunday we are going to a matanza (pig roast). Will go for a long bike ride before the piggy cookout to earn an appetite.
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Registered
    Feb 2002
    MI State/Ohio State game on Saturday. My folks are coming down to tailgate with us and then all going to the game. Afterward heading up to the nasty (hometown) for the night. I have a ton of yard work to do, and would really like some free time in which to do it. At least I'm preoccupied with mostly fun stuff

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Since you're stopping in Frankenmuth you're pretty much also obliged to eat fried chicken at the Bavarian Inn. I personally recommend the 'Ultimate Bavarian style family dinner'. Their sauerbraten is a food group.
    Better there than at the non-towering inferno across the street where patrons ignore the fire just to eat chicken?
    http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/09/...rs-restaurant/
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Saturday I plan on loafing around watching football and doing some fall yard cleanup.

Sunday I am running a half marathon that my employer puts on. There are about 5,000 participants and this is the first year that our office has put together a corporate team for the event. My goal is to beat everybody on our little team. I've been able to maintain a 7 minute 50 second mile pace over 10 miles for the past few weeks, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The only other runners on our team I am worried about are a girl in our HR department and the husband of one of our environmental planners.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    Saturday I plan on loafing around watching football and doing some fall yard cleanup.

Sunday I am running a half marathon that my employer puts on. There are about 5,000 participants and this is the first year that our office has put together a corporate team for the event. My goal is to beat everybody on our little team. I've been able to maintain a 7 minute 50 second mile pace over 10 miles for the past few weeks, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The only other runners on our team I am worried about are a girl in our HR department and the husband of one of our environmental planners.
    Anything under 1:20:00 for a 10 miler is really very good! I'm more of a short-distance runner (6 miles or under) and long distance cyclist. But I know enough that those are some great times.

At that pace, I think you'll smoke 'em all - good luck!
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Tonight: Physical Therapy, Pig out at Sushi Buffet, 20 minute run
    Tomorrow: 9am go to farmer's market, 9:30 - 10:30 yoga class, 10:30 - 12:00 soccer game. Return home, hose off, take a nap. Evening -hang out with my parents and sister and family who are in town for the weekend.
    Sunday: 40min run that was supposed to happen on Sat., pumpkin farm with sister and 7 yo nephew
    Monday: No work! Acupuncture, 25 minute run
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    This weekend didn't turnout like what I expected. There were several things happening in the area and we had talked about doing those. As it turned out, didn't go near them. Instead ...

Saturday - went to the mountains and played golf on a very nice course, the leaves were changing colours so the drive was very nice too
    Saturday night - a very good friends 50th B-day, she wasn't crazy about having a party so it was just a small group of firends and a cookout
    Sunday - after church the 3 of us went to the Beanstalk Zipline Adventure, I had a gift certificate that was going to expire in a month, that was fun especially for our daughter, then we stopped at a pub on the way home
    Sunday evening - our friend who had the b-day stopped by the house and we sat on the deck for a couple hours enjoying the weather, drinks and conversation

For so much chaos in life right now at work, it was nice to have that kind of weekend.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    ZG and I are flying out to California on Saturday for a week. Unfortunately, my son informed me this week he won't be there (he's known for months we were coming out this week). Instead, he's going to Idaho to propose marriage to his current girlfriend.

There's plenty to do in the Bay Area and Sonoma and Napa counties. We'll find things to occupy ourselves.

(If he's getting married in Idaho, I'm not attending.)

Registered
    Aug 2004
    State Fair!! Going to stuff my gullet with all the fried food I can stand, then ride the rides!!

WHEEEEEE!!

OK, maybe I'll ride the rides first, then eat. Probably safer.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Aug 2005
    That stinks, RJ. I hope you guys can still have a nice time.

Friday: run 25 min, play soccer
    Sat: play soccer, drive 1 hr each way to return some shoes, relax
    Sun: run 50 min, dinner at my folks with their ESL tutee
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Saturday I am going to the Michigan v Michigan State game in Ann Arbor. Go Blue! (As I type this I looked down and realized I wore a green sweater to work today. I don't know what I was thinking! )

Sunday I am planning to repaint the columns on our front porch and then we are going to my parents' house so our daughter can pick some pumpkins from the garden, visit her great-grandmother (who just moved back to Michigan from Florida), and then go to their church chili cook-off. They go to a small country church in the middle of nowhere that gets maybe 50 people a week to the services. A few years ago they decided to start hosting an annual chili cook-off to raise funds for their utility bills (the building is about 140 years old and not exactly energy efficient). The first year they sold 200 tickets to the cook-off. They nearly doubled that the second year. They've since moved it to a local conservation club with more capacity and the event sells out. I've been wanting to go since the inception (because who doesn't like chili?) but have always had something going on that day.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Salmissra View post
    State Fair!! Going to stuff my gullet with all the fried food I can stand, then ride the rides!!

WHEEEEEE!!

OK, maybe I'll ride the rides first, then eat. Probably safer.
    End of a Texas State Fair icon, Big Tex goes up in smoke this a.m.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Big Tex Burns.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	4989
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Replacing both leaking faucets in the second bathroom tomorrow. I'll hack off my two extra thumbs before I start that project.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    First Time Homebuyer's Class today from 10am-2pm. Probably some grocery shopping this afternoon and cooking this evening. Need to plan my gift list for the family.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Today: 5k and BWW tonight followed by friend's holiday party.
    Tomorrow: recover, holiday decorating (maybe)

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Cold front coming through tomorrow afternoon, need to get the garage ceiling painted today.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    In the office all day today hand sketching out an +800 acre subdivision for a hard deadline on Monday. Tomorrow: chores, errands, church, gym.

Yes, I know it's VERY pathetic.
    "This is great, honey. What's the crunchy stuff?"
    "M&Ms. I ran out of paprika."

Family Guy

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Tomorrow ZG and I are traveling northwest from here to a small town that has an historic downtown. We'll be back in time Sunday to watch the 49ers beat the Atlanta Buzzards in their house.
    Monday, the contractors a showing up to continue the work on the house.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Well, we're shit-faced in a Best Western, drinking cheap wine, in Defuniak Springs FL after a fun day of photographing cool old homes and drinks/bar food in a surprisingly cool upscale restaurant in a converted into a hotel Masonic lodge.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    The temporary bridge covering the dental surgery site fell out last night. So I'm spending the weekend with my night time bite guard in, which gives me a lisp. Not fun and looks funny, too, so I'm only going out this weekend if I have to.

The site is in the front, so I look like a former meth head. Not my best look. Since it's not an emergency by my dental offices opinion - no blood, swelling, discoloring, etc - I have to wait until Monday morning to get it reattached.

The next appointment for the after-surgery procedure is scheduled for the week after. Timing is everything!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Looks like we'll be prepping to paint a new door plus 2 sets of french doors leading to the pool area, so a trip to Lowe's is in the cards. And RJ has to check something out at the new farmer's market. He'll be grilling some steaks, too.... Yum.

I am hoping to do some yard work if it's not too cold in the mornings. I was surprised to see the pentas in pots by the front walk survived the winter; first time for that, and four less plants I have to replace this spring.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Nothing exciting.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    May 2005
    My mom's side of the family is coming over for a late lunch tomorrow, so we're heading to Meijer tonight to pick up the required food and drink. I cleaned the upstairs of the house last night, so the rest will need to be cleaned tonight and tomorrow morning. Nothing planned for Sunday.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Taxes

Registered
    Mar 2007
    I am going to clean out my closets. I have a lot of clothes that no longer fit or that I just haven't worn in over a year. I'm going to try my hand at putting a bunch of it up on eBay. I figure it's worth a shot. Eventually, most of it will end up at the Salvation Army, but I figure I may as well try making a few bucks off of it first.

Saturday night I am going to go see Bob Mould, of Hüsker Dü fame, in concert in Detroit.

+ Reply to thread
Page 81 of 88 FirstFirst ... 71 80 81 82 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 237
    Last post: 09 Sep 2014, 10:04 AM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 3:11 PM
  3. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 940
    Last post: 06 Jan 2008, 9:31 PM
  4. Weekend Plans