Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Urban and regional planning and engineering? Anyone knows?

Urban and regional planning and engineering? Anyone knows?

hi everybody ,

just i have a quetion :

Is there anyone knows a master in urban and regional planning but comes under or within collage of ENGINEERING ??
    anywhere in the world ?

America, Asia OR Europe , ANYWHERE ??

THANK U
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 06 Mar 2008 at 12:40 PM. Reason: removed font formatting to improve readability

Registered
    Mar 2008

Engineer in Urban Planning

Hi, I'm currently finishing up my masters degree at the Urban Planning and Management School. The program is in English (as most masters programs are in Denmark) and you graduate with an engineer title (M. Sc.). Its been a great experience to be here, lots of support (you can even apply for travel grants and money to take an internship overseas) and the profs are good. I can highly recommend it. Check out the link below.

http://www.urban.aau.dk/

thanks,

candan

Registered
    Mar 2008
    University of Tokyo has an Urban Engineering program.
    http://www.due.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/english/

Quote Originally posted by candan View post
    Hi, I'm currently finishing up my masters degree at the Urban Planning and Management School. The program is in English (as most masters programs are in Denmark) and you graduate with an engineer title (M. Sc.). Its been a great experience to be here, lots of support (you can even apply for travel grants and money to take an internship overseas) and the profs are good. I can highly recommend it. Check out the link below.

http://www.urban.aau.dk/

thanks,

candan
    thanks alot , but i didn't find anything mach regard engineering there ,,,,,,

Quote Originally posted by psa View post
    University of Tokyo has an Urban Engineering program.
    http://www.due.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/english/
    thank u very mach ,, yes so that's one option for me >>>> Tokyo university ....
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 10 Mar 2008 at 8:57 AM. Reason: double reply

master in urban and regional planning ( one year)

hi dears,

Is there anyone knows a university which offers a (( ONE YEAR )) master degree in urban and
    regional planning???? ,
    Last edited by town planner; 10 Mar 2008 at 5:20 AM.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Moderator note:
    Welcome to Cyburbia! Just a couple of notes:

1) Please don't use large colored text for a normal message.

2) Just a friendly reminder: in American English, a salutation of "hi dears" implies there is a romantic or very close family relationship between you and the readers. On a message board, there's no need for a salutation; if you want to include one, "hi" or "greetings" is fine.

An attempt to answer your question: in the United States and Canada, there is no one-year MUP program. The school I graduated from (University at Buffalo) requires 52 graduate credits for an MUP. It's impossible to earn 26 credits a semester -- that includes a thesis or graduate project. One semester I enrolled in classes totaling 18 credits. That, along with a GA position, was brutal.

If any school offers a one-year MUP, it's probably not accredited, and not the kind of place you would be proud to have on your resume/CV.

thank you very much Dan..........

is reply was very helpful ,,,,

so , 1 - no good to say " hi dears" ,,,,, only for special person u can say it , family or lover ,,,,,,, ok that's good thanks to tell .
    2 - also no good to search for ( one year ) master degree .

thank youuuuu.......

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    UIUC offers a one year masters program in planning and is accredited. However, these are only offered to students who graduated in good standing from the undergrad planning program. I would imagine other schools have similar programs.

If the MUP is your first planning degree, a two year program is usually a safe bet.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally posted by town planner View post

Is there anyone knows a university which offers a (( ONE YEAR )) master degree in urban and
    regional planning???? ,
    If you do not have an undergraduate in Planning, then US and Canada (in fact even Australia) is out.

Only the UK offers 1 year Master degrees in Planning, but you would have to have a related degree in order to do it. Check the RTPI website, they have a comprehensive listing of courses.

my major : geography
    minor: urban and regional planning

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 06 Nov 2013, 6:17 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last post: 31 Oct 2013, 2:22 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last post: 28 May 2008, 11:26 AM
  4. Replies: 57
    Last post: 07 Mar 2006, 3:15 PM