Hey!

Isaak here, from Oslo, Norway. I'm currently in my last year of high school, and the pieces for the rest of my life are falling into place. I've grown very fond of urban planning and all the different fields of study it incorporates.

With two architect parents, my dad an alumnus of Princeton, MIT and UC Berkeley, it not that surprising I've also wandered into this region of the educational-universe.

What interests me the most in urban planning is it's interdisciplinarity (if that's even a word). It has to do with so many increasingly important fields of knowledge, including energy
issues, traffic planning and logistics, urban design and urban community and regional planning. I get all mushy inside when thinking about the possibility of me being a part of the development of cities, and the huge effect it can have on peoples lives and the prosperity of an entire community.

My biggest dream is to be in charge of the development of a brand new city neighborhood, like the ongoing Mission Bay development in San Francisco - where my godmother actually plays a rather important role.

The first step is getting into college/university. I would be very grateful for any suggested places to go in the following thread - http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33266 .

Thanks