Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Consulting firms in Georgia

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006

Consulting firms in Georgia

I am visiting the MLA program at UGA in mid April and am trying to set up informational interviews at consulting firms in Atlanta and Athens. Can anyone recommend any design firms focusing in both planning and landscape architecture (preferably site design for LA)? I already have Williams and Associates, EDAW, and Tunnell, Spangler, Walsh & Associates on my wish list.

Thanks-

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Have you looked at the APA Georgia Chapter website under sponsors ?
    http://www.georgiaplanning.org/index.php?section=48
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Yep, their website only listed larger APA sponsers, of which I know one guy from TSW in Atlanta. I also went through the ASLA consultant list for Georgia with a fine tooth comb. Basically, I am looking for a firm that focuses on both planning and landscape architecture as their main specialities (not just planning or landscape architecture) since I want to practice in both professions. In terms of planning, I am interested primarily in comprehensive planning, plan review, design guidelines, master planning, conceptual site design, in terms of landscape architecture, I am interested in residential subdivision design, trail design, streetscape design, mixed use design, and planting plans.

I am very impressed with Hughes, Good, O'Leary & Ryan at hgor.com. Maybe that will give more of an idea of the type of firm I am looking for. If anyone knows of similar firms like this in Columbus OH, Denver, Kansas City, Portland, or Seatlle, I would greatly appreciate it (I am visiting MLA programs in these cities within the next few years and would like to set up informational interviews there as well).

Thanks-

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 6
    Last post: 22 Jul 2010, 9:11 AM
  2. Planning consulting firms in NYC
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 07 Apr 2007, 7:17 AM
  3. Transportation consulting firms
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 11