Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Best Place.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2008

Best Place.

This question is surely going to get a lot of response. Where is the best place to live in either the South Eastern United States or the Mid-Atlantic for someone with interest in design and planning.

Currently I live in Florida and have looked at Richmond, VA and Charlotte, NC. Small cities are also an option, but ideally I would like to make sure they have college which has architecture or URP. THX>

Registered
    Jun 2007
    It's not Southeast or Mid-Atlantic, but Central Texas seems to kick ace as far as design goes, and with the University of Texas right around the corner and the tremendous growth (we're still growing, even with the economic downturn), you'll actually be able to put your education into implementation.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by archdav View post
    This question is surely going to get a lot of response. Where is the best place to live in either the South Eastern United States or the Mid-Atlantic for someone with interest in design and planning.
    Miami Beach, hands down, if you're looking for the most progressive place in terms of planning/design. Plus, there's a decent nightlife there too

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 13
    Last post: 19 May 2011, 9:00 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last post: 05 Dec 2005, 1:21 PM
  3. Am I in the right place?
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 26
    Last post: 21 Feb 2005, 3:41 PM
  4. Name that Place #2
    Friday Afternoon Club