Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cyburbian Plus membership now available

Registered
    Aug 2001
    How is the blog feature working for everybody? I don't see too many posts. Are folks going there at all, or does the bloggy compete with the message boards?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Not many people are using the blogs. That's okay; it's really just an extra feature that paid users have at their disposal. Other admins of vBulletin-based message boards with the blog addon report the same thing.

Public messages, new in 3.7, seem to be getting a bit of use. IMHO not really taking anything away from the Forums, because most of the posts are one-liners that really don't add much to even the most off-topic FAC discussions/

Registered
    Aug 2007

Rats. Foiled again.

Okay. So my Mac is still running OS 9 at this particular moment. Paypal's blank boxes show up. What information to put in them does not. Russian Roulette gets a bit much some times.
    It seems that other people are not having similar experiences from the forum entries. Just in case this is an underreported crime, I thought I would mention it.
    I will persevere whenever I have the courage to boot up OS X again. Probably tomorrow.
    PS. Really, as someone else asked, why is this link not on the entry page to Cyburbia?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Max, if you're in OS 9, it sounds like you might be running a very old browser. I've tried to keep Cyburbia browser-agnostic, but once you go back more than a few generations, things start to get iffy.

FWIW, I;ve had no problems during testing with any OS X browser (Safari, Firefox, Camino, Shiira, etc.).

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Haven't been paying much attention, but I found my first job on the old PAIRC site.....so come payday...I'm in.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    May 2008
    Dan, would you permit a member who has as short a Cyburbianship as I, and as few posts as I, to become a Cyburbian+ member? I'd like to start a planning blog and your website is an ideal location.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Hi Dan,

I'd like to maximize the amount of money that reaches you -- i.e. avoid PayPal skimming their percentage cut. If I were to mail you a cheque drawn from a Canadian bank, would you be on the hook for any fees from your bank?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by abrowne View post
    I'd like to maximize the amount of money that reaches you -- i.e. avoid PayPal skimming their percentage cut. If I were to mail you a cheque drawn from a Canadian bank, would you be on the hook for any fees from your bank?
    I don't know ... I never cashed a check from Canada before. You can Paypal, and ti should be fine.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Wow, where the hell have I been?! I'm in, a little late. I guess I need to come around here more often

Registered
    Feb 2007

I'm in

I know its late, but I just did the PayPal thing. Whether you or I realize it, this site has kept me moderately sane while I was home twiddling my thumbs trying to recuperate.

Thanks and keep up the good work Dan.

DLK/J
    "There are people in every time and every land who want to stop history in its tracks. They fear the future, mistrust the present and invoke the security of a comfortable past which, in fact, never existed." RFK

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    May 2008
    Dan-

Are you continuing with the Cyburbian Plus membership option this year?

Registered
    Mar 2003
    OMG..
    I almost feel bad. When I got my notice in email this morning about my plus Membership expiring I thought Dan was at it with his Annual April Fools!
    Has it been a year already....????? Oh My!
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    May 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Seana View post
    Dan-

Are you continuing with the Cyburbian Plus membership option this year?
    Quote Originally posted by Queen B View post
    OMG..
    I almost feel bad. When I got my notice in email this morning about my plus Membership expiring I thought Dan was at it with his Annual April Fools!
    Has it been a year already....????? Oh My!
    I guess I got my answer!

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Just renewed my Cyburbian Plus membership......I really enjoy this site, although I don't always get a chance to get on the site as much as I'd like to.
    Prediction is difficult, especially about the future. :-o
    - Yogi Berra

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Just realized my "+" ran out. I'll be renewing later this week. Do you include a free t-shirt of my favorite planning professional or a DVD of Plannings must memorable moments with this renewal?

Could there possibly be a "Zoning Code Phone" or an Engineering scale branded with the Cyburbia logo
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    May 2008
    Dan, my Cyburbia Plus membership will expire some time in August, so last Thursday I snailmailed an early renewal check to your addie. If it doesn't arrive within ten business days... I guess you know what to do. (Or just notify me and I'll do it for you.)

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Dan, since I have the freedom to put anything I want on my business card, I've been seriously considering putting the Cyburbian Plus logo on it to discretely let folks know that I'm part of the conspiracy. Your thoughts? I won't do it without your o.k. Anybody else out there willing to do the same? I was going to PM to ask about it but thought, what the hey, might as well stir up some more controversy.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    How about making the logo lapel pin to equal having a AICP pin or state chapter pin ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    How about making the logo lapel pin to equal having a AICP pin or state chapter pin ?
    You mean leave it in a box or desk drawer where it doesn't see the light of day?
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    May 2008
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    You mean leave it in a box or desk drawer where it doesn't see the light of day?

Leave those AICP & chapter pins right out in the fresh open air!
    Let them see the light of day!

Just make sure nobody sees them.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    May 2008

Unable to Post to My Blog

Re: http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showp...7&postcount=66

Dan, by now my check should have arrived at your place.

In the mean time, I've temporarily lost Cyburbia Plus status, so I'm unable to post to my blog. Is it possible to grant me blog posting privileges? I promise my check will clear!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    I just re-upped. Gimme that old time C+!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    All right. I finally did it. Pass the kool-aid.

Now where do I find the Private career board?

Found it.
    Last edited by dandy_warhol; 10 Sep 2009 at 12:30 PM.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Will I receive notice when my C+ is about to expire and I need to re-up?

Registered
    Apr 2008

Coming clean

I'm about to drop $400+ on my APA/AICP membership dues. I started wondering why I was spending that type of money on APA/AICP (which unfortunately doesn't do a whole lot for me) but wasn't spending $20 on Cyburbia. I use Cyburbia on a weekly basis. I enjoy the chatter on the Forums, find useful information from time to time, and typically find it to be a nice escape from the mundane details of any given day. In fact, I visit Cyburbia more so than APA. And although I don't post very often, I generally check the daily posts on, well, a daily basis. As such, I spent the $20 and am now a Cyburbia Plus member. Hopefully there aren't many like me out there but, if you find that you enjoy Cyburbia and are willing to drop $$$ on APA, you might consider adding to the Cyburbia cause. My only regret is I waited this long to do so. Slainte!

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. APA membership
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 28
    Last post: 02 Apr 2012, 1:08 PM
  2. ITE membership
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 14 Nov 2011, 2:46 PM
  3. Replies: 23