Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

Closed thread

Thread: [Secret Moderator Subforum 2008.04.01] [Admin] Planned April 2008 bannings

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

[Secret Moderator Subforum 2008.04.01] [Admin] Planned April 2008 bannings

Just archived the previous month's messages.

I'm feeling particularly power-hungry right now. I think we should ban [you] this month, just for the hell of it. Moderators, what do you think?

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I definitely agree. I mean, what the hell do they really do? Complete douche bag if you ask me.

Moderator note:
    I undeleted your slimey post. You can't hide behind your mod powers when equally powerful mods are around.

Judas.
    Last edited by mendelman; 01 Apr 2008 at 1:36 PM.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Jul 1998
    My cops tell me that sometimes you just have to beat someone up at random to keep the peace. Same thing here I say let's make an example out of them.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Agreed lets get them and send em packing for a while, show em who's the boss so the rest will fall in line
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

It's about freakin' time! I've been screamin for this for weeks. Can I please do the deed? Please?

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Glad to see you are finally listening to what the smart mods have been telling you for the past year!
    Last edited by Suburb Repairman; 01 Apr 2008 at 11:34 AM.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Go ban yourself, a-holes!

I hate you jerks.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

The ends can justify the means.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    BRING IT BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Suburb Repairman View post
    Glad to see you are finally listening to what the smart mods have been telling you for the past year!
    I stick up for you and this is what I get?! Thanks, Mr. Arnold...

And Dan, you go ahead and ban me. I'll either use the time to catch up on other stuff or just hack you for the fun of it...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    I think we should ban Wanigas? this month, just for the hell of it.
    Must be April Fools Day!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    WHat the hell. BAN ME. Its not like this forum gets any respect like Planetizen anyway.

F*ck you all. I'm moving to China.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Chet View post
    WHat the hell. BAN ME. Its not like this forum gets any respect like Planetizen anyway.

F*ck you all. I'm moving to China.

APA will probably give you relocation assistance for that.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner. All work and no play makes [you] a dull planner.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    APA will probably give you relocation assistance for that.
    The APA is offering relocation assistance for planners to move to Planetizen? That explains the article in Planning, then ...

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    The APA is offering relocation assistance for planners to move to Planetizen? That explains the article in Planning, then ...
    Hmmm... Planetizen does sound like one of those hellhole Middle-Eastern countries our current president has a certain affinity for blowing up.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Hmmm... Planetizen does sound like one of those hellhole Middle-Eastern countries our current president has a certain affinity for blowing up.
    That's Planetistan you're thinking of.

I think the President also wants to bomb Cyburbiran. That is, now that they've occupied Cyburbiraq.

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Secret Santa 2008 Edition
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 189
    Last post: 05 Jan 2009, 5:23 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last post: 01 Apr 2008, 5:13 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last post: 01 Apr 2008, 2:34 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last post: 01 Apr 2008, 2:33 PM