Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: CNU XVI

Registered
    Jun 2007

CNU XVI

CNU XVI starts tomorrow here in Austin. Any fellow Cyburbians attending? I will be there. Tomorrow is NextGen, and then taking 101 on Thursday. Friday's a tour of Georgetown called "Keep Georgetown Normal", a funny take on Austin's famous "Keep Austin Weird".

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally posted by TexanOkie View post
    CNU XVI starts tomorrow here in Austin. Any fellow Cyburbians attending? I will be there. Tomorrow is NextGen, and then taking 101 on Thursday. Friday's a tour of Georgetown called "Keep Georgetown Normal", a funny take on Austin's famous "Keep Austin Weird".
    Nope, not in the budget. I'll be presenting at the Planning Commission and trying to stay civil.

Have fun! Maybe you can organize a mini Laefest with other Cyburbians . . .
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    CNU hit right at the worst time for our Capital Improvements Plan, so I won't be there. It's my own damn fault for how I designed the CIP calendar though, so such is life. Have a good time.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Not in the Budget - working on it and APA for next year
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jun 2007
    If anyone's down here, I'm in NextGen today in Room 4 of the Convention Center. Come say hi or perhaps (instead of Laefest) we can do Ulnchfest downtown.

Off-topic:
    I took the bus downtown from the Travis-Williamson County line and got here in 45 minutes, including one transfer. It usually takes over an hour to drive in. Not bad, Capital Metro. Not bad at all.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Wish I could be there.

Question: do CNU conference sessions offer APA/AICP continuing education credits?

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Question: do CNU conference sessions offer APA/AICP continuing education credits?
    For select sessions, yes. A list of sessions and different AICP CM credits offered can be found here: http://www.cnu.org/cnuxvi/congresssessions

+ Reply to thread