Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Are companies viewing my resume? How I track my resume visits?

Registered
    Apr 2008

Are companies viewing my resume? How I track my resume visits?

Hi everybody,

I am wondering if there is any tool or website out there which can track who is viewing my resume. It is very frustrating when you send your CV or Cover Letter and you receive no feedback from the company, you don't even know if they have checked it out.

Thanks for your help

Registered
    Jul 2007

yea...me too!

I find my resumes and applications seem to go into a black hole once I submit them, only to sometimes hear 3 months later I did not get it...its certainly frustrating!
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally posted by gearyipswich View post
    Hi everybody,

I am wondering if there is any tool or website out there which can track who is viewing my resume. It is very frustrating when you send your CV or Cover Letter and you receive no feedback from the company, you don't even know if they have checked it out.

Thanks for your help
    YOU are the one who needs to keep track of this. Are you mailing or e-mailing the resumes out (unless requested, I would either mail or even hand-deliver job applications/resumes/coverletters/portfolios if they are within driving distance. E-mail applications can be too impersonal, especially if you dont BCC your recipients).

Make a follow-up call within a week after sending to check on the status. If you don't hear a response, I would call again one week after that, but probably not more than that (then you sound too nagging or desparate). Don't sit by the phone waiting for a call, keep the job search going.

Think of each job as an individual project. Personally, I like keep both a physical folder and a computer folder that contains the resume (tailored for the specific job), coverletter (also tailored), copy of the completed application, printed copy of the job description(s), portfolio (optional), and any other items (names of the people who interviewed me or who I talked to on the phone, any notes that I took during the interview, e-mail correspondance, etc.). If I am not selected for an interview or not offered a job, I politely ask the reason(s) why I was not chosen, and I jot them down on a note and stick it in the folder.

My system may or may not work for you, but I don't know of any big brother websites that tracks people reading e-mails/checking resumes (unless the White House is cooking up something )

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Resume
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 15
    Last post: 09 Aug 2011, 4:59 PM
  2. Resume/CV
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 28 Jul 2011, 6:47 PM
  3. Following up after resume