Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: 1st/2nd round offers

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2007

1st/2nd round offers

Alright, this may or may not be a simple question, but I am unsure about how many offers go out during each round. If there are 30 spots, would they send out 30 offers during the 1st round or possibly send a portion of that, leaving the remainder for the 2nd round?

thanks

Registered
    Apr 2006
    My understanding is that they will send out more acceptance letters than spaces, knowing that they will have some people that will pass... how many depends on the school. A first-tier school may only send out 35 for 30 spaces, while another may send out 50 for 30 spaces. Second-round is thus dependent on whether more people decline admission than expected.

Again, my understanding.
    What luck! A random assemblage of words never sounded less intelligent.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2007
    hey njm thanks for your response. ya that does seem right, i guess i just overlooked how obvious it would be for them to send out offers for all the spots at the beginning. I guess im waiting for 2nd round offers now. wish me luck!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2007
    I went to the Rutgers thing yesterday, and talked to the finances guy. One thing he recommended was to see if your second favorite school(s) will allow you to hold off past April 15 (he said Rutgers doesn't force anyone to accept by then) to see if the first school will have scholarships open up (which they very likely will).

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 226
    Last post: 31 Aug 2012, 2:29 PM
  2. Replies: 233
    Last post: 06 Sep 2006, 3:30 PM
  3. Replies: 207
    Last post: 05 Sep 2006, 5:55 PM
  4. Counter offers
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 29 Aug 2006, 1:54 PM