Hey gang -
Trying to get some input from folks in the field about Portland State's Masters program. When I spoke to someone in the office there, she indicated that it was in fact very heavy on the URBAN aspects of planning (trans, housing, econ devel), and not so much on the environmental/resource management of things. I am wondering if any of you vets can confirm or deny this?! I need to choose a program for grad school and want my career to focus on environmental planning. From want you guys and gals have seen, would PSU be an appropriate choice? Compared to UNC? Same difference? Both are offering me a full tuition scholarship and an assistantship.

Thanks!

Moderator note:
(Dan) Welcome to Cyburbia! Just a few notes:

1) Renamed the thread from "advice from practicing planners, please". Threads with descriptive titles have a better response rate. It's also a forum rule; no vague or teaser titles outside of the Friday Afternoon Club subforum.

2) Moved from the Career Advice to the Student Lounge subforum, because it deals with an academic program. Most similar threads are in the Student Lounge.

3) There is no #3.