Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Employment after graduating

Employment after graduating

I am planning on doing the MRP at Cornell University. I would like to work for a consultancy firm like Boston Consulting Group, Monitor Group, McKinsey, etc after graduating. Does anyone know if it is possible and whether they recruit students from this program either on or off campus?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2004
    There isn't a whole lot of on-campus recruitment, but if you have a specific firm or group of firms that you are targeting, you will probably want to try and get an internship with them during your first summer. There are usually faculty or alumni who are associated that can help you out in certain cities or fields.

Registered
    Oct 2005
    The general career services office may also help. I went to another Ivy and career svcs usually has all of those companies coming on campus for info sessions and the first round (on campus) interviews. I doubt that the department would host this type of employer - as there would only be a few students applying - but those firms are generally looking for students from all disciplines, which is why they'll recruit from a more central location on campus.

BANNED
    Registered
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally posted by bom_504 View post
    I am planning on doing the MRP at Cornell University. I would like to work for a consultancy firm like Boston Consulting Group, Monitor Group, McKinsey, etc after graduating. Does anyone know if it is possible and whether they recruit students from this program either on or off campus?
    I've heard that to work at some of those consulting firms you need an MBA? Maybe a dual degree would help?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 7
    Last post: 20 Jan 2013, 11:03 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last post: 24 Nov 2010, 1:36 PM
  3. Gift for a graduating intern
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 04 May 2009, 4:07 PM
  4. So I'm graduating next week with my master's...
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 11 May 2008, 4:58 AM
  5. Graduating this summer
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 13 Feb 2003, 11:40 PM