Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Has anyone studied at / heard of the University of Westminster ??

Apr 2008
    Toronto, Canada

Has anyone studied at / heard of the University of Westminster ??

Just wondering if anyone has studied at or knows about the Urban Planning program at the University of Westminster in London. It's accredited by the RTPI, but I have this sneaking suspicion that they aren't very known in the planning world and they want those pricey international fees from suckers like me (a Canadian).

Aug 2006
    Wherever mediocore planning lurks
    I applied there and "got into" their urban design program about 5 years ago. I used quotes b/c I got a letter of acceptance but when I phoned them to ask a couple of questions they said I hadn't been accepted. Needless to say I never went there and I applied there as a back-up.

Its not as well known internationally, for anything, as the other UK schools so if you are looking for prestige look elsewhere. Don't know their rep in the UK though. If you like the faculty and program above the others then reconsider. A london school will mean high cost of living though.

Mar 2011

Westminster Uni

Hey Future_Planner,
    did you decide to go to Westminster? I have a place on Urban and regional planning, but I'm still undecided.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. What school? LSE, UCL, or Westminster.
    Student Commons
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 26 Jul 2013, 6:45 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last post: 15 Feb 2012, 6:05 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last post: 24 Apr 2008, 8:31 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last post: 03 Oct 2007, 7:36 PM