Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: A couple of questions regarding grad school and planning in general

Registered
    May 2008

A couple of questions regarding grad school and planning in general

First of all I'd like to say hi

I recently switched to urban planning from engineering at my school and I really like to program, I'd like to get a couple suggestions and info on grad school and career paths.

I go to Concordia University in Montreal, not as famous as McGill University but it has a better Engineering and Business program. (the reason I went to Engineering there)

I didn't do well in Engineering, so i decided to switch to urban planning in arts and sciences, not the best faculty in the school, but I like the program and I think I found what I went to do.

I just finished my first year in planning with a 3.7 GPA, connected well with my main teacher and overall I think I'm in the top 10 in the class (of about 100).
    But the program isn't accredited on grad or undergrad level thought (Does it matter for undergrad??) and that kind worries me as far as grad schools go.
    I find myself pretty motivated to do well since I entered the program (I'm part of the UP student association and trying to get an internship).

I really want to GTFO of Montreal after I graduate and move to California (going to USC or Berkley if I can). I'm considering transferring to McGill which has an accredited grad program and better name recognition, but I'd like to make it simple and stay at Concordia if I can. So my question is how much does accreditation matters for undergrad program?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2007
    As far as I know, it doesn't matter at all for getting into grad school.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. General questions about planning
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 52
    Last post: 09 Jun 2014, 1:45 PM
  2. Grad school questions
    Student Commons
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 03 Mar 2010, 2:49 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last post: 07 Jul 2008, 6:46 PM