Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Bear Didn't Win The Mega Lotto

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Bear Didn't Win The Mega Lotto

Much as I would love to tell all my Cyburbia friends that I won the big Mega Millions Lotto......no dice.

A crisp quarter of a billion dollars $$$$$$$$ was won at a small carryout just a little bit northwest of me, here in now-affluent Fulton County, OH. The little town of Lyons, OH just has a couple small businesses, including a carryout, a pizza place, and a great restaurant, The Lyon's Den. The magic ducat was sold at the carryout.

Katie and I almost bought a house in Lyons, a few years ago. "I coulda been somebody." Three (3) of my employees live in Lyons (or in the farm areas very near Lyons). But, alas.....they were all at the workplace today and not showering everybody with crisp one-hundred (100) dollar $$$$$$$ bills.
    _____

I do play the lotto......whenever it is relatively large. There is no logic to that type of thinking. You could probably argue that there is no logic to ever playing a game with such a long-shot chance of winning.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    May 2004
    Imaplanner didn't have a hamburger for lunch today. As much as I would have loved to I didn't.

A big hamburger with lettuce and gilled onion would have been great. I heard that the town next door has really good hamburgers and that a few people I useds to work with might have had some but they didn't show up smelling like onions so maybe not.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I throw $2 in the FL lotto pool at work every week, but only play on my own occasionally. Florida isn't in that big multi-state lottery with the gazillions of $$.

So Bear, when you win, you gonna fly us all up to OH for a lae-fest?

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Is the Ohio Megamillion part of a system that includes California?

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by BKM
    Is the Ohio Megamillion part of a system that includes California?

I think it is. California just joined.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Well, per my contributiion to the ZConfessions thread, I am still screwed

Registered
    May 2003
    Prying open an old thread (as if it was the proverbial suitcase filled with money).....

Interesting fact:

Katie gets her hair done at a place near home. The younger woman who regularly does her hair is a neice of the half-a-billion bucks $$$$$ winner that is mentioned in this thread. This younger woman did get a little mula.....anybody wanna guess what she spent some of it on?

A boob job.

I have never had my baby blues gaze at this young woman so I have no idea if she even needed a new set of breasts. At first I thought....."Odd choice."

But.....if somebody hands you a stack of money and says "Go buy something for yourself", who can really say how it should be spent?

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    Prying open an old thread (as if it was the proverbial suitcase filled with money).....

Interesting fact:

Katie gets her hair done at a place near home. The younger woman who regularly does her hair is a neice of the half-a-billion bucks $$$$$ winner that is mentioned in this thread. This younger woman did get a little mula.....anybody wanna guess what she spent some of it on?

A boob job.

I have never had my baby blues gaze at this young woman so I have no idea if she even needed a new set of breasts. At first I thought....."Odd choice."

But.....if somebody hands you a stack of money and says "Go buy something for yourself", who can really say how it should be spent?

Bear

I, for one, think boobs are always a good investment.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    May 2003

Ripping Open An Old Thread

Gonna rip open an old thread, subject-matter specific. Check this video out.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZBhWjzdU_4

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. What Makes Lotto a Tax on the Poor
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 30
    Last post: 05 Jun 2013, 11:57 AM
  2. Toronto's Mega Boom
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 29