Hi There. I am working on a design for a Gated Community in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I decided to post my initial sketches here, in order to change the way I ususally do things and gather advice and criticism from experts and urbanism people from all over. Of course, I can't tell you to like the concept of a gated community, it is an assignment my office received and cannot change the idea by proposing open plans. Things have to be the way the boss likes. So, working with what I have, I need to land a good design.
Here are the points I must consider:
- Must be a Gated Community
- The lot size is 3.79 hectares (9.3 acres)
- 15% of the total area must be left for future municipal use.
- Lot sizes aren't restricted, but each unit must have at least a 6.5 meter (21 ft.) front.
- Individual homes will be from 95 to 140 sq. mt. (1,000 - 1,500 sq. ft.)
- We need to build at least 136 units
- No more than 149 units can be built.
- At least two common areas with pool are required.
- In this proyect, I tried to have all homes to have direct access to gardens, and units will not have garages, but instead parking will be concentrated on different locations near each unit group, by the road.
- Everything else is free.