Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING Pet Thread

Registered
    Jun 2009
    My in-laws dog who is ridiculously untrained and follws her stomach more than her head at all times got into a whole container of cupcakes that my in-laws left on the kitchen table. Of course my dog (chihuahua) then was able to get at them, too. Who knows how many he ate, but the next day all through the next night he was throwing up cupcake. He must have puked 15-20 times. Thanksfully most of it was not on the carpats or rugs but rather on the wood floors, but not fun tiems nonetheless. He seems to be okay now, but I wonder if just the smell of cupcakes will make him queasy again!
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Registered
    Aug 2004
    ^^ Crime of opportunity!!

Our girl dog didn't get into the trash. Then we adopted the boy dog, and he's a former abandoned street dog. He is always trying to get into the trash, and when he suceeds, she is right there with him, sorting the spoils.

Even though he does the work, I think she gets first pick.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Bailey wants a kiss.

And a nail trim.

This morning, Guinness diarrhead all down the stairs in the townhouse. Yes, I'm using the verb form of diarrhea. Got into work a half hour late.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Guinness is at the Cornell vet school hospital now. I came home to agricultural quantities of bloody diarrhea and yellow vomit in every room in the house.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Poor Guinness. T&P are with your pack. Cornell is the best place around so Guinness is in good hands/paws.

Registered
    Nov 2009

Registered
    Nov 2009
    It's a rough life...

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Dan: I hope Guinness will be OK. He is certainly in good hands at Cornell. Keep us posted.

TerraSapient: Great pictures! A rough life, indeed...

One of my cats is having surgery Thursday morning to remove a lump on her neck. It's going to be interesting trying to get her into the cat carrier, since my husband now leaves for work quite early and I may have to fend for myself. She is our "skittish" kitty.

Anyway, the vet intends to remove as much of the lump as possible and have it biopsied. Yes, I'm nervous.

Meanwhile, our other cat, who was diagnosed with diabetes a few months back, is generally stable, though she has lost quite a bit of weight. Poor babies.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Guinness is at the Cornell vet school hospital now. I came home to agricultural quantities of bloody diarrhea and yellow vomit in every room in the house.
    OMG I would be very worried! What did he get into for that to be the result?
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I was there until about 2:00 AM. The discharge statement is long. There was a fear that Guinness could have cancer of some sort, due to irregularities in his anal sacs, and an abnormally high level of calcium in his blood, but the radiologist found nothing. I've got to follow up with a local vet sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Right now, it's a case of canine hemorrhagic gastroenteritis. I've got to keep him on a mild diet over the next few days, and I've got meds. If there's no improvement, it's back to Cornell.

The vet residents there are sharp.

I feel horrible, because I yelled at Guinness last night when I came home. He couldn't help it, but there have been times when the dogs pooped in the house because they didn't pinch a loaf when they had the chance an hour earlier.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    So sorry to hear about Guiness Dan! Poor puppers.

It sounds like he is in great hands though. Wishing your family the best with him!

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Tell Guinness I said to get well soon!

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Guinness is having big, solid poops again. After several days of chicken and rice, I have Guinness and Bailey on Blue Buffalo Wilderness, served with a probiotic powder.

The vet today said that Guinness had the most irregular anal glands she's ever seen, but they're not impacted. That could be a good sign that he might not have a cancerous tumor, because almost always it will affect only one gland.

Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    That's a really cute photo! Adult Rotties are just big puppies.

Registered
    May 2005
    Even though my father worked at Penn's vet school (Cornell's principal rival) and my brother and sis-in-law both went there, I will concede that you are in great hands with Cornell.

Glad to hear Guinness and his oh-so-irregular anal glands are doing better. Man, if I had a nickel for every time I heard how unusual MY anal glands were...
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by wahday View post
    Man, if I had a nickel for every time I heard how unusual MY anal glands were...
    Express yourself.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    The vet just called. Guinness has heartworms.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I'm sorry to hear about the heartworm.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Okay, some good news. It's actually hookworm, which is much easier to treat.

Registered
    May 2005
    Okay, some good news. It's actually hookworm, which is much easier to treat.
    Glad the prospect is looking better! I predict Guinness will be better in a few weeks and you all will joke about this over a bowl of kibble.
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Hubby and I had to say goodbye to our beloved 15-year old cat yesterday. It was a really hard decision to make, but her health had been declining for several months, and she had lost a lot of weight.

She was in our lives for such a long time, in two different homes and with other pets that have since passed on. She was a very sweet, personable, affectionate, and tolerant cat who loved everyone. We are going to miss her terribly.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    Hubby and I had to say goodbye to our beloved 15-year old cat yesterday. It was a really hard decision to make, but her health had been declining for several months, and she had lost a lot of weight.

She was in our lives for such a long time, in two different homes and with other pets that have since passed on. She was a very sweet, personable, affectionate, and tolerant cat who loved everyone. We are going to miss her terribly.
    I'm sorry to hear that MP. She's purring now in kitty heaven.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Sorry to hear about your kitty, MP.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    Hubby and I had to say goodbye to our beloved 15-year old cat yesterday.
    Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    So sorry to hear about your kitty, MP. The little fuzzballs might not take up much physical space but they fill your heart. I'll ask my dearly departed friends to look for her as she crosses the Rainbow Bridge.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Very sorry to hear of your loss MP

+ Reply to thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. The NEVERENDING Joy Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 01 May 2013, 10:39 AM
  2. The NEVERENDING FML thread