Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Sustainable/environmental urban planning programs?

Registered
    Jul 2008

Sustainable/environmental urban planning programs?

Hi all,

I'm interested in getting my masters degree in urban planning. I'll be graduating in the spring of 2009 with my bachelors in chemistry. I've come to the realization that I don't want to conduct chemistry research or even work with chemistry any longer. Will having my degree in chemistry negatively affect my chances of getting into a masters program for UP?

Also, are there any really stand-out UP programs with focuses in sustainable development? I think this is the field I would be most interested in, but, admittedly, I don't know very much about the other fields (transportation, policy, economic development, land use, etc). If any of you work/are familiar with these fields, could you elaborate?

Thanks in advance to everyone for their input.

Registered
    Dec 2007
    Chem is fine. Don't worry about it. Look at Univ Washington when you graduate to view their sustainability/Green Infrastructure program (AFAIK under development now). I know the heads of this nascent program very well and you won't be understimulated, underachieving, or underrewarded if you get in.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 02 Apr 2012, 9:46 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last post: 11 Oct 2011, 5:42 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last post: 29 Mar 2011, 12:27 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last post: 02 Dec 2008, 4:41 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last post: 09 Sep 1998, 7:02 AM