Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Information on St. Louis, MO.

Registered
    Jun 2008

Information on St. Louis, MO.

Hello all,

I'm planning on making a trip to St. Louis this fall to check out the cityscape of the area, as I have on traveled on I-70 en route to other places before and am somewhat intrigued by the place.

If anyone has information I would find useful, then feel free to give me insight. Anything from neighborhoods to neat commercial areas are welcomed as I'm rather ignorant on the city.

Thanks in advance,
    David

Registered
    Jul 2002
    You have woken the great Howard Roark,

St. Louis has amazing neighborhoods, but the city is thick and it can be hard to access them.

Easiest to hit are the ones that border Metrolink, The Central West End is easily accessible from the Euclid station, head N on Euclid and soak in the commercial district that is flanked with neighborhoods of turn of the century mansions on small lots.

The Loop is also really nice, Delmar Metro station, head west on Delmar lots to see & do.

Washington Ave. and Laclede’s Landing are downtown

Other neighborhoods (The Grove, Soulard, Benton Park, S. Grand, The Hill) require a cab, auto, bike or more explanation of the bus system .

Check out-

urbanstl.com

There are guys there that will give you detailed explanation of neighborhoods and how to get there.

Enjoy, St. Louis is a place you discover and it is worth it, but, it does not come to you.
    She has been a bad girl, she is like a chemical, though you try and stop it she is like a narcotic.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Louis
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 21 Jan 2010, 8:53 PM
  2. St. Louis
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 16 Oct 2008, 11:34 AM
  3. Old St. Louis
    Cities and Places