Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: North Texas Mini-Laefest???

Registered
    Aug 2004

North Texas Mini-Laefest???

Any of you Dallas/Fort Worth and surrounding counties Cyburbians interested in having a Mini-Laefest? I think there's enough of us to warrant a weekend evening out. I was thinking sometime in the middle of September.

Anybody interested? We can do a poll later for dates . . .
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Aug 1997
    I'd be interested in attending a gathering of North Texas Cyburbians.
    JOE ILIFF

"Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Off-topic:
    Sorry, Tex, the only think that popped into my head when North texas got mentioned was:

Amarillo by morning...
    Up from San Anton'...
    Everything that I got...
    Is juust what I have on...
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Might be interested although I'd rather do a mid-week than weekend get together. I escape to the country on most weekends.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Any chance for a statewide laefest either in Galveston at TXAPA or possibly some other time in the center of the state?

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Mid-week might be possible! I'll put together a poll sometime soon and we'll see what pops.

As for the TxAPA conference - that's assuming most of us go. I've put my name into the hat for attending, but who knows? Once any of us know we're going, we should post and start some sort of plan for a get together.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. North Texas Laefest - Poll for Dates
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 20 Sep 2008, 10:43 PM
  2. Replies: 36
    Last post: 16 May 2005, 11:30 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last post: 04 Mar 2005, 8:49 AM
  4. Replies: 40
    Last post: 14 Jun 2004, 9:43 AM