Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: MsRED: anyone submitting portfolio?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008

MsRED: anyone submitting portfolio?

As titled.

This is more applicable for those that are coming from non-financial (planning / architectural, etc.) backgrounds

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Guess not...

http://www.FreeUploadShare.com/DOWNL...e7843/Jonathan Russo - Thesis Portfolio - WEB.pdf

If anyone is interested.

ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    I put my own design portfolio on my own website, although I eventually shut the website down for proprietary reasons. If you plan on putting work samples on an online portfolio (which I highly discourage) use either a physical or digital watermark (this lessens the chances for theft).

I would burn your work onto a CD instead.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    thanks for the tip. i do not plan on distributing this through a free upload site. very unprofessional. simply uploaded it this way for the sake of posting on this forum. (the file was too large to attach through cyburbia)

Registered
    Nov 2005
    i didn't submit one, even though i've done plenty of site plans/graphic design/instructional design/etc., and i don't think i've known anyone that has. the problem is that (obviously) not everybody comes from an architecture background, even though many RE programs are in planning/arch schools. they may not know how to deduce what you've actually done. so if you've done something noteworthy that is real estate related (did the project presented in the portfolio involve any market or financial analysis?), then make those achievements clearer in the portfolio, or just express them elsewhere.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    district, yes the portfolio i linked above is a hyrbid study of urban planning and retail marketing.

if you have a few minutes to take a look, i would appreciate any advice you have to offer.

thanks

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 4
    Last post: 07 Feb 2013, 12:10 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last post: 26 Mar 2010, 12:18 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last post: 03 Feb 2009, 7:05 PM
  4. Tips on submitting a writing sample
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 4