Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Rock Band- The Video Game

Registered
    Jan 2005

Rock Band- The Video Game

I was at a bar on monday night, the kind of night that bars need special promotions to get people in to drink (not me though). On this night it was "Rock Band Night". No real rock bands, this was the the video game. Basically its a three person version of Guitar Hero with the addition a drummer and a vocalist, same concept in that earn points for how well you "cover" popular rock songs. Anyone played it?

Anyway, I stepped up to the mic and completely butchered "Mississippi Queen" by Mountain. The guys I was playing with equally sucked on the guitar and drums, so I didn't feel as bad for screwing up the vocals. We were actually so terrible that the game didn't let us finish the song, and there was this neat little cut scene where we were booed off the stage and things were being tossed at the digital versions of ourselves. The real-life bar patrons took the occasion to boo us heartily too.

I don't think I'll play this game ever again, at least with people watching me. FWIW, I'm told "Mississippi Queen" is one of the harder songs in the game though..

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Never played but saw a 10-12 year old boy tearing it up on the guitar to the Rolling Stone's Start Me Up at Sam's Club last week. He was pretty good.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Sometimes the bands themselves don't get their own songs right.

Tom Sawyer
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 24 Feb 2011, 4:07 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last post: 16 Jun 2005, 4:14 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 04 Feb 2005, 4:34 PM
  4. Name your fantasy Rock Band name.
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 65
    Last post: 11 Feb 2003, 5:58 PM