Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Question about 'Six Sigma' training for planners

Registered
    Aug 2008

Question about 'Six Sigma' training for planners

Hello all --

A couple of my co-workers and I are being sent for Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training.

Does anyone have this or similar training? Have you heard of such training? Is it something that could be of use to planners, in your opinion? Something valuable to have on the resume? We're not sure what to make of it, as it seems to be applied most frequently in the corporate world. Any insight is much appreciated.

Registered
    Feb 1998
    When I see something like this on a resume, that to me has nothing to do with the position, the resume is placed is a certain file--look at it much later.

Registered
    Aug 2008
    That is very nice to know. It seems that should be a lesson for my resume writing in general. Thank you for the insight.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    I am ISO:9001 certified, which is along the lines of Six Sigma. I rarely ever mention it in a resume anymore for a planning job.

Mention it as a bullet point (if needed), and leave it at that.

BANNED
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally posted by gulfcoast View post
    Hello all --

A couple of my co-workers and I are being sent for Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training.

Does anyone have this or similar training? Have you heard of such training? Is it something that could be of use to planners, in your opinion? Something valuable to have on the resume? We're not sure what to make of it, as it seems to be applied most frequently in the corporate world. Any insight is much appreciated.
    Had heard for some time, our company[Infrastructure domain] do provide short term duration courses on this, but surely and frankly there has been very little done to implement it............. Though stricter actions are done on the higher level to maintain the ISO standard but rarely and loosely they have been used by a layman.......

Some words from India...

Thank you

Registered
    Aug 2008
    day one -- I think I can safely say, if given the opportunity to train for six sigma...RUN!!!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 3
    Last post: 02 Nov 2012, 10:56 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 09 May 2012, 9:40 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last post: 29 Mar 2007, 3:13 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last post: 13 Aug 2004, 9:40 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last post: 30 Mar 2004, 7:01 PM