Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: STOOPID things you've done

Registered
    Aug 2001

STOOPID things you've done

I got in my car yesterday and noticed a strange / unfamiliar jacket on my car floor. I picked it up and found Pontiac keys in the pocket. I inadvertantly took some one else's jacket! I returned it to the restaurant and am really embarrassed. Someone had no car and was locked out of the house!

Registered
    Nov 2006
    I tried to use my credit card instead of my debit card in the drive up ATM machine ... and didn't have a clue I had the wrong card until it squawked about charging me $3.00 for my transaction, so I declined the transaction, and realized my mistake as I was putting my card away.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Left my purse in the grocery cart while putting groceries in trunk. A worker was rounding up the carts at the same time and off it went. I didn't realize it until after I got home Someone called me from my cell phone and I went and picked it up.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001

Stupid things?

I can beat you all. I got married for the first time at the ripe age of 19 years old.

Close the farking thread.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Last week at Lowe's I got a bunch of plants, topsoil, etc, and a nice redwood trellis. Left the trellis leaning on a display across from the check out counter, paid, and walked out without the trellis. Luckily, I went back 6 hrs later and was able to retrieve it.

Sold my house almost 2 yrs ago; cleaned out everything, very careful. Except the kitchen drawer with my kid's cell and both our chargers.... luckily, the realtor was nice enough to mail them to me. I felt stoopid.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Left my sun roof open and over night it .....
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Invariably nearly all involved fire, fireworks, or flammable material.

And alcohol.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    I can beat you all. I got married for the first time at the ripe age of 19 years old.

Close the farking thread.
    I dunno....I had R.T. when I was 19. Not the most brilliant move.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jan 2009
    i told a girlfriend that she was just like her mom...

that went well.

Registered
    Feb 2009

bunny webcam party

me and a former roommate both have minature rabbits and they are both single rabbits and we introduced them via webcam. it was anticlimatic and made me
    realize how low socially i had sunk. anyhoo, next time we will try party hats to liven things up. i think this was the mistake. maybe music too. just kidding.
    christine v

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2006
    I left the keys to my Pontiac in my jacket pocket, and some s.o.b. stole my jacket. I had to walk home, and break a window to get into the house...

Registered
    Jul 2003
    I take yogurt to work. I don't like to put it in the company fridge, so I put it in a styrofoam cup and cover it in ice. It keeps just fine. At the same time, I get a cup of ice for my soda. I poured my soda in my cup of yogurt on Friday. I drank an entire soda and had started on the next one before I noticed.

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    After leaving a party at midnight and sobering up for several hours, I drove an hour home from a party at 4 in the morning instead of just spending the night.
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

I was probably about 11 and had the bright idea to try to ride my bike down an embankment, then up a stockpile of dirt benched against the embankment. Plan was to pop a wheelie on the top of the dirt and ride it out. Everything went well until I hit the stockpiled dirt but the bike simply pivoted on the front axle sending me ass over elbows until I landed. Every ounce of my being hurt after that one.

Registered
    Jun 2005
    I have previously dated two people within the organisation i work for. Thats just stoopid.
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" Zoolander

Registered
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally posted by natski View post
    I have previously dated two people within the organisation i work for. Thats just stoopid.
    I personally haven't done that, but I've seen enough workplace romances go bad to completely agree ...

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by natski View post
    Don't fish off the company pier.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Or: "Don't dip your nib in the company inkwell".

Though I work at a very large company and can think of at least two couples who appear to have met at work and gotten married. In both cases, they are peers and there is no conflict of interest. I do think it could be a problem for them if it hadn't worked out or even if they were to get divorced at some point in the future. In a smaller organization, I can see where this would be a huge problem any way it went.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Or, "Don't get your meat where you get your bread and butter." I once had a job that required mixed gender groups to take a lot of prolonged travel (e.g. six weeks in NYC, six weeks in Cleveland, a month in Miami, two weeks each in Denver, Kansas City, Phoenix, Salt Lake, Des Moines, Milwaukee, all in one year). There was a substantial amount of office romancing going on.
    Seldom right, never in doubt

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    I seem to specialize in psychotic women.

Oh, yeah, I know how to pick them!
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Duke Of Dystopia View post
    I seem to specialize in psychotic women.

Oh, yeah, I know how to pick them!
    Don't feel bad. I have a friend that has a lock on this category. His group of friends now votes by committee on who he can date. Yes, it's really that bad.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Unlocked my car with the key fob, loaded the groceries in the trunk, got in and could not figure out why they key would not turn… then noticed the pack of cigarettes on the dashboard… I don’t smoke.

Thanks GM… next time explore some diversity in your key fob frequencies.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    Unlocked my car with the key fob, loaded the groceries in the trunk, got in and could not figure out why they key would not turn… then noticed the pack of cigarettes on the dashboard… I don’t smoke.

Thanks GM… next time explore some diversity in your key fob frequencies.
    No mskis, GM is making it simple for us. The key fobs are programmed to go with the same color, same make, same model car/truck. For example, if you own a black Saturn Vue, your key fob will work on every black Saturn Vue. It's their way of saving money.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Junior year of college, I was a Resident Adviser. I got mono. Bad. Missed the first 3 weeks of class. But then, I go bar hopping on campus corner before being completely recovered, on a weeknight, with my buddy Devon. Wound up in the hospital, buddy wound up in prison. I lost my RA job (technically they transferred me to an apartment complex, which I wound up liking better anyway). I pretty much quit drinking after this debacle. Buddy Devon was the person who introduced Mrs. TXOK to TexanOkie and they'd been friends since before kindergarten. Buddy Devon was removed from Air Force ROTC and (temporarily) quit drinking. This happened less than a week before Mrs. TexanOkie's (then just Miss Okie) 21st birthday. She was not pleased.

Registered
    Nov 2006

Comedy of error(s)

I had gone to summer camp right before 6th grade and we hand dipped candles and made many other cool crafty projects. My parents worked full time and I was in charge of babysitting my younger brother that summer. A week or so after camp we are bored and unattended one afternoon. I decide that it would be super neat to take all of our nubby crayons and make homemade candles out of them. My brother and I furiously rip all of the “Crayola” wrappers off and place the multitude of colorful waxy sticks in a saucepan on the stove. I turned the heat on low but apparently crayon wax has a very low boiling point. What was to become a swirly and lovely mix of hues became one poo brown mess in a matter of a minute or two. I kept stirring, but it started to bubble, fast. Before I knew it, brown wax was spewing out of the saucepan and all over the kitchen, attaching itself to the counters, the walls, the floor, the phone book, the spice rack, etc. I pulled the mess off of the burner and shut the burner off but that wax sure cooled fast. I remember “carefully” scraping away at every part of the kitchen for hours anticipating my mother’s return home with an unmatched sense of dread. Kinda tough to hide the linoleum and countertop damage we did that afternoon.

Another time, when I was in college no less, I was at home for the weekend and I decided to make breakfast. I accidentally turned on the wrong burner on the stove. That wouldn’t necessarily have been too much of a problem if it weren’t for the fact that the burner I flipped on was the one that my early riser father had used earlier that morning to cook bacon on. The greasy pan was still on the stove top. I had gone to another room for a minute and I hear my dad freaking out in the kitchen with a litany of swears that could rival the father from “A Christmas Story”. I come running into the kitchen to see what the commotion is all about. There’s my dad, standing there holding a pan full of fire. I totally freak out and book towards the front door to run outside to save my hide and as I’m darting away I’m simultaneously shouting “oh my god… can I help?”. He gets the thing under control with a lid. Fire’s out. But the lid is so hot that he drops it and it melts a perfectly symmetrical circle into the carpet. We inherited the misfortune of a carpeted kitchen… let that be a lesson! Every time we walked passed the melted “O” it was a reminder of the incident.

Surprisingly, I am actually pretty good cook, I swear.
    How about you take a gander at making an executive decision for once, huh?

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 22
    Last post: 06 Jul 2005, 7:16 PM
  2. Stoopid APA Conference 2005 Question
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 09 Mar 2005, 8:51 PM
  3. [stoopid computer question]
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 5