Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Image posting help

Registered
    Aug 2004

Image posting help

I wanted to put a picture of my new dog in the Neverending Pet thread, but after reading the "how to" threads, I'm so confused I'm posting here, instead. I may not be computer-language literate, but I can follow directions. But no where have I found step-by-step directions! And I quite frankly don't have the patience to spend a few hours figuring it out on my own (my degree wasn't in computers).

I've not loaded a pic before - do I have to set up a gallery? If so, I'll need directions.
    Does the new dog pic go to my gallery first, or to temp images?
    How do I link it from there (either my gallery or the temp) to the thread?

If it's easier to explain, how do I link to another site? I put the images into Snapfish - can I link to that? If so, how?

Coherent help is very much appreciated!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Step by step instructions are available here.
    http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14835

Feel free to PM me if you encounter difficulties.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I usually just upload a photo to ImageShack, then copy the link to the photo (the very last one on the page-there are many), then in a post click the photo icon which will give you a pop up box to past the URL into. Then post.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by kjelsadek View post
    I usually just upload a photo to ImageShack, then copy the link to the photo (the very last one on the page-there are many), then in a post click the photo icon which will give you a pop up box to past the URL into. Then post.
    Most of the places like ImageShack are blocked at work by the IT geeks so I don't see the images until I get home.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    May 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Salmissra View post
    I wanted to put a picture of my new dog in the Neverending Pet thread, but after reading the "how to" threads, I'm so confused I'm posting here, instead.
    . . .

I put the images into Snapfish - can I link to that? If so, how?
    Step-by-step instructions for non-computer people who have Snapfish accounts:

(1) Logon to your account and go to the picture you want to post.

As an example, I logged on and chose the "demo account's" picture of the zebras. This example will be continued in later steps.

(2) Put your mouse on the picture. Right click. A menu will drop down.

(3) On drop-down the menu, there's an option called, "Copy Image Location." Left click it.

(4) Now go to the message board thread and get into "post mode" (probably a reply). Left-click your mouse a few times on the empty posting screen.

(5) Bring mouse to the "Edit" option** on the upper left-hand corner of your computer screen. Left-click. A menu will drop down.

(7) On drop-down the menu, there's an option called, "Paste." Left click it.

(If you did not see a "Paste" option, go back to Step (1) and repeat steps.)

(8) On your post, you should now see a link beginning with "http".

In my example of the zebra picture, I followed all the steps and ended up with this, (minus the $$$ sign):
    http://$$$images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp3%3Enu%3Dggpq%3Erlew34nu0mrj

(I put in the the $$$ sign as a marker, so that you can see the actual code.)

(9) Now preview the post. You should have a "clickable" link to your picture. Click on it to be sure that it leads to your picture.

In my example, the clickable link looks like this:
    http://images1.snapfish.com/23232323...3Erlew34nu0mrj
    Ahhh... it clicks to the zebra picture!

Most (non-tekkie) beginners have to go through the steps a few times to get it to work.

**I didn't give the right-click-paste option because when message-boarding on vBulletin, it only works in certain circumstances.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Image posting
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 12 Jul 2005, 8:52 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last post: 10 Mar 2005, 4:58 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last post: 09 Jan 2004, 4:49 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last post: 09 Jan 2004, 4:01 PM