Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Developing and delivering a college course?

Registered
    Aug 2001

Developing and delivering a college course?

About 2 years ago, I started developing a curriculum for a graduate-level course that I was proposing at a university as an adjunct. While I did get good feedback and interest, it has never gone beyond that.

I would still like to deliver this course after all of my hard work and research. Any suggestions on where to deliver such a course over the Internet? I realize that if my local college isn't going to do something with it, maybe there is another outlet out there.

Also, anyone have experience with Planetizen's courses?
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Sep 2008
    I'm answering this from Australia so I don't really know the US context; but our professional Institute (the Planning Institute of Australia) offers a range of continuing professional development courses. Maybe your course, depending on what the content is, could be offered in a similar way.

Moderator note:
    (Gedunker)JkiwiM that link isn't really appropriate here in the professional forums, but rather the Friday Afternoon Club subforum. Link deleted. Carry on!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Developing cities in developing nations
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 16 Apr 2014, 4:20 PM
  2. Replies: 43
    Last post: 21 Mar 2013, 12:34 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last post: 20 Sep 2010, 10:11 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last post: 13 Jul 2010, 12:26 PM