hi everyone.

I am doing my honors degree in town and regional planning and writing my essay on the following topic.

TOPIC 5: DISASTER RISK/VULNERABILITY REDUCTION POLICY, STRATEGY AND PLAN
ANALYSIS OF THE NINE PROVINCES AND SIX METROPOLITAN AREAS IN SA [4 STUDENTS]
What is understood under disasters in South Africa? What are the costs of managing disasters compared to disaster risk
reduction to the country? What is the link between disaster risk reduction and sustainable development? What measures are
in place to reduce the risk for disasters in the metropolitan areas of South Africa? If measures are in place, why are disasters
on the increase?
A comparative analysis of policies, plans, strategies, etc. to assess in what ways they address vulnerabilities and prevent
disasters. This study would involve a desktop study as well as interviewing people from the metropolitan councils, provinces,
SA Weather Service, National Disaster Management Center, etc.

I have already done my preliminary literature review with background study etc. (If you would like to read it please pm me and I will email it to you and you can edit it with comments on how to improve it)

Thank you for any help you might give, I am busy with my literature review and have about 40 resources, but any help with writing, grammar, ANYTHING is welcome.

Thank you!