Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Certified Sustainable Development Professional (CSDP certification)

Registered
    Sep 2008

Certified Sustainable Development Professional (CSDP certification)

Has anyone taken AEE's CSDP exam or the seminar?

It's a lot of money ($1,150 + $200 exam fee) and was wondering if the benefits of being certified is recognized in the field.

My company has offered to pay the exam fee and half the seminar registration fee.

http://www.aeecenter.org/certification/CSDP/

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Never heard of this...

Seems like its just a money making scheme to cash in on green building...LEED AP is the recognized credential in sustainable design.

Registered
    Sep 2008
    I already have my LEED accreditation and am currently working for a green building consulting firm, however my background is not in urban planning or architecture, rather business management. I am pursuing my MRED part time and really interested in achieving a "green" certification on the development side.

I know that AEE is recognized for their expertise in the energy industry. I was just curious if anyone has come across someone with their CSDP. The certification has only been around for less than 2 years, so it's not as widely known as AEE's CEM certification.

I sincerely doubt that AEE created the certification as a "money making scheme."

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 3
    Last post: 13 Feb 2013, 7:59 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last post: 28 Dec 2012, 4:53 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last post: 30 Dec 2009, 1:17 PM
  4. Professional certification
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 09 Mar 2006, 1:50 PM