Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Questions for UP students at Pratt, Hunter, NYU, Columbia

Registered
    Sep 2008

Questions for UP students at Pratt, Hunter, NYU, Columbia

I know there have been several previous threads about the perceived differences between the programs at these four New York City schools. I was wondering if any current students could tell us a bit more about what their experiences are like (especially Pratt and Hunter, about which I think there's less information in past discussions)

Why did you choose the school you chose? Did you get funding? How do you like the program and how do you think it compares to others?

Also, how would you suggest going about sitting in on a class at one of these schools?

Thank you!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2007
    I'm sitting in on a planning class at Hunter at the moment, and the entire process was shockingly easy. I sent in an application to enroll as a non-matriculated student to graduate admissions and received an acceptance letter about a week later. Then I contacted the planning department directly to receive approval for my first-choice course, which I received instantly, and I enrolled the following day. The total came to a little over $1,000 and the credits are transferable. Columbia and Pratt were going to charge me over $1,000 per CREDIT if I enrolled non-matriculated.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2008
    I'm in similar shoes.

Have you found out any more information about NYU? I ultimately submitted an application there over Pratt because NYU has an international specialization I'm interested in.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 13 Mar 2010, 12:36 PM
  2. Hunter, Columbia or NYU?
    Student Commons
    Replies: 12
    Last post: 18 Jan 2010, 5:06 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last post: 25 Sep 2009, 1:31 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last post: 24 Feb 2009, 3:51 PM