• Nader/Gonzalez Indep.

0 0%
  • Out of the US, not Voting

4 4.65%
  • Other, see below.

7 8.14%
+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: For Whom Did You Vote (Official Cyburbia Exit Poll)

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries

For Whom Did You Vote (Official Cyburbia Exit Poll)

So some states have early voting. Colorado's opened today and I have actually received, filled out and voted on my mail-in ballot. It is currently sitting in the outgoing mail box at work. So I figured I would start a poll to tally the voters as they are placed by Cyburbians all across the US.
    We kind of know how the poll will turn out, but regardless, I wanted to try my hand a making a poll and since voting has started for some...

Have at it. Leave the incindiary remarks to another thread. Keep this as a voting poll only, please.

Comments welcome on voting experience, etc.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Early voting ROCKS
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Jul 2006
    I come from a long standing family tradition of not participating in political polling including exit polls. Whoever wins is the winner. IMHO, there have been too many attempts to influence voting through polling.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    May 2004
    Why no option for Paris?

Registered
    Mar 2005
    I just got back from voting. Touch screen machines for the first time

They did keep a paper record of all the votes though

Registered
    Jan 2008
    My office is next to the courthouse which is one of four places open for early voting. This AM about 9:30 the FAMU band led several hundred students (looked like anyway) down the sidewalk and into the courthouse to vote.

Registered
    Nov 2005
    I did mail in my ballot already, but I do have to say that based upon political discussion I have seen on this website; I do not think that we can say to be an accurate slice of the American electorate.
    Satellite City Enabler

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Jeez, I'm not submitting these results to CNN for them to report on the results. I'm simply taking a poll.. .that is it. There is nothing serious about this. The whole "exit-poll" thing is a joke.

Lighten up, people.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Mar 2004

Huh?

Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    Jeez, I'm not submitting these results to CNN for them to report on the results. I'm simply taking a poll.. .that is it. There is nothing serious about this. The whole "exit-poll" thing is a joke.

Lighten up, people.
    Exit Poll? What? Election....what election? Damn! Who are the candidates?.....awe never mind.....maybe I'll sell my vote on EBAY again this year
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Jul 2005
    60% chance I'll write in Hillary.

40% chance I'll vote for McCain.

November 4th, 7:00 am.
    Psychotics are consistently inconsistent. The essence of sanity is to be inconsistently inconsistent.
    -Larry Wall

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Keeping in line with that great American tradition - that being lying to every pollster who comes along - I'll say (that guy)!

Mike

Registered
    May 2005
    I haven't voted yet.........but I'm 99% sure I'm voting for Barack Hussein Obama.....so I voted in the poll.

The only thing that could possibly change my mind is if Palin stepped down and General Powell became the "maverick's" running mate.

Yeah.......like that's gonna happen.

Registered
    Jul 2007
    I voted yesterday, early at the mall. I can tell you this based on my observation, North Carolina is going to have a huge voter turn out this year because of early voting. You can even vote on Sunday in the the bible belt!
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I won't vote til election day but it will be for Obama.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2005

Early Voting

Based on numbers in the paper this morning, it looks like roughly 12% of all registered voters in my county have already voted, with more early voting locations opening today. At this rate, there will be no lines next Tuesday.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    Political writer in yesterday's paper encouraged absentee voting. He called out the state's regs about how you have to be a certain age, disabled, or out of the area all day on election day, and mentioned that it's a misdemeanor to stretch those truths in order to get an absent ballot.
    He then compared this with little white lies during traffic stops ("I was only going 68mph)") and internet sales tax payments.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by beach_bum View post
    I voted yesterday, early at the mall. I can tell you this based on my observation, North Carolina is going to have a huge voter turn out this year because of early voting. You can even vote on Sunday in the the bible belt!
    I agree! There are 1,000,000 new voters this year in NC. It is so awesome to finally be living in a potential swing state. My vote actually counts this year!

Registered
    Feb 2005
    I am out of the US, but voting! I just filled in my Colorado "overseas ballot" and will be e-mailing it in tonight. For Obama. Since Ohio is home, I'd hoped to vote there (where it matters) but you have to vote where you last lived. But since I left three years ago, Colorado has started to swing! I'm sorry I'm missing that.

The balllot is a disaster. It's seven pages - a PDF of a photocopy of a fax of the actual ballot, and is almost entirely illegible. Luckily, I can read the key words. At least they've made one key change since the last ballot I received a couple months ago for some other election (which was TWENTY pages of PDFed photocopied fax) - I no longer have to sign an affidavit saying that I am a member of the armed forces. They seem to have recognized that there are other reasons to live outside of the US besides the military.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Off-topic:
    Quote Originally posted by jmello View post
    There are 1,000,000 new voters this year in NC.
    One million new voters in North Carolina? Are you sure? That's one ninth of the total state population. I'm not questioning the fact that there have been a lot of new registrations this year (that's true everywhere), just the one million number...that's both one heck of a voter registration drive and a huge number of folks who weren't registered to begin with...
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    May 2008
    Off-topic:
    Quote Originally posted by Bubba View post
    Off-topic:

One million new voters in North Carolina? Are you sure? That's one ninth of the total state population. I'm not questioning the fact that there have been a lot of new registrations this year (that's true everywhere), just the one million number...that's both one heck of a voter registration drive and a huge number of folks who weren't registered to begin with...
    It's actually more like a little over one-half million new voters in NC:
    ...504,000 Tar Heels have registered to vote from the beginning of the year through Sept. 1.
    Source: http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pb...D=200880921046

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by geobandito View post
    I am out of the US, but voting! I just filled in my Colorado "overseas ballot" and will be e-mailing it in tonight. For Obama. Since Ohio is home, I'd hoped to vote there (where it matters) but you have to vote where you last lived. But since I left three years ago, Colorado has started to swing! I'm sorry I'm missing that.

The balllot is a disaster. It's seven pages - a PDF of a photocopy of a fax of the actual ballot, and is almost entirely illegible. Luckily, I can read the key words. At least they've made one key change since the last ballot I received a couple months ago for some other election (which was TWENTY pages of PDFed photocopied fax) - I no longer have to sign an affidavit saying that I am a member of the armed forces. They seem to have recognized that there are other reasons to live outside of the US besides the military.
    Yep, Colorado's ballot takes the cake this year as the USA's longest!

-Peart

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Yep, Colorado's ballot takes the cake this year as the USA's longest!
    Really? I haven't voted yet, but I have started perusing my California State "ballot pamphlet", which is 143 pages long (the pamphlet is just for ballot initiatives, not candidates). Of course, that pales in comparison to my County "pamphlet", which is 272 pages long. The sample ballot shown appears to be four separate cards, front and back, for a total of eight pages.
    Two wrongs don't necessarily make a right, but three lefts do.

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Yes, but over 1 million people in NC have already cast their ballots (maybe what my NC friend was referring to), or 19% of the electorate. According the State Board of elections, there are 592,452 new voters in swinging NC this year!
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by CJC View post
    Really? I haven't voted yet, but I have started perusing my California State "ballot pamphlet", which is 143 pages long (the pamphlet is just for ballot initiatives, not candidates). Of course, that pales in comparison to my County "pamphlet", which is 272 pages long. The sample ballot shown appears to be four separate cards, front and back, for a total of eight pages.
    Apparently we just edged out California and Oregon. By 2 initiatives I think. I read it in the Denver Post this past weekend (I think).

-Peart

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Apparently we just edged out California and Oregon. By 2 initiatives I think. I read it in the Denver Post this past weekend (I think).
    Ah

Well I guess congrats are in order
    Two wrongs don't necessarily make a right, but three lefts do.

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 15
    Last post: 28 May 2009, 7:57 PM
  2. Official Rustfest Location Poll
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 08 May 2009, 10:38 PM
  3. Exit Poll Personal History
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 32