Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Ohio township growth initiatives

Registered
    Nov 2008

Ohio township growth initiatives

Hi. My name is Robin. I own a business in Concord Twp., Lake County in the Grist Mill Village district. I am Chairman of the Board for the Concord Leroy Chamber of Commerce. Growth is happening and we are looking to act as a catylist for change up in the Chamber of Commerce model as well as responsible development for Concord and LeRoy.

Anyone out there interested or involved? I'd like a fresh view point.

Thank you. I admit to not understanding what a thread post is!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    It is good to hear that a Chamber is wanting to play a leadership role in promoting change within a community. There are plenty of precedents for this. Daniel Burnham's famous plan for the City of Chicago was sponsored by a business association. You will find that most of us are directly involved in planning, economic development, and related fields. If you are a little more specific in the kind of information you want to find, I think you will find this a very helpful site.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Moderator note:
    Welcome to Cyburbia, Robin. Cyburbia isn't a blog -- it's a forum or message board. You post a message in a thread and then other members respond to your message. I've edited the thread title to be a little less specific -- a broader title is more likely to garner responses. I think Cardinal's response sums it up very well -- what types of information would be helpful?
    Je suis Charlie

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 08 Mar 2010, 12:12 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last post: 20 Sep 2006, 6:07 PM
  3. Best town planning initiatives
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 27 Jun 2006, 11:45 PM
  4. Township initated rezonings