Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Chuck E. Cheese Restaurants = hotbeds of violent crime

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Look Out!

Trying to make more money on that "other" mouse

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...uyout/4505213/
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    Hall Road and Schoenner. She got some stickers but did not have to get violent.
    I had a birthday party at that locale when I was about 9 or 10. I blame that for me being the miscreant that I am today.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    I had a birthday party at that locale when I was about 9 or 10. I blame that for me being the miscreant that I am today.
    With my wife still out of town, I will most likely be taking my daughters back there this weekend, since my youngest has some coins she has to use. I kind of like it because I can read and sip on crappy beer while they screw around. It's a good time killer for a single parent.

I'll make sure to report back if I see any criminal behavior.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    With my wife still out of town, I will most likely be taking my daughters back there this weekend, since my youngest has some coins she has to use. I kind of like it because I can read and sip on crappy beer while they screw around. It's a good time killer for a single parent.

I'll make sure to report back if I see any criminal behavior.
    From the article above
    Unlike Disney, which clearly knows the secret formula for making both parents and kids happy, Chuck E. Cheese could never figure out the parent part of the equation. While kids walk in ready to rock n' roll, many parents reluctantly walk in holding their ears -- just hoping to survive the next 90 minutes, or so, of sensory overload.

I think you just have to figure out how to tune out the noise, relax, and watch the crime happen.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Relating this to the previous article about comparing CEC to Dave and Buster's. This area also has something known as Cj Barrymores that was in the area that this place was in. I can remember going there with a bunch of Detroit Cops and Firemen and having a rip roaring time until 2 am in my 20's. Like Dave and Busters it was able to be fun for both kids (daytime) and adults (night). The evening ended up like many CEC stories on this thread with a big brawl in the parking lot over something stupid. At least my side had badges so we were let go!

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by dvdneal View post
    From the article above

I think you just have to figure out how to tune out the noise, relax, and watch the crime happen.
    That is why they serve beer!

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by DetroitPlanner View post
    Relating this to the previous article about comparing CEC to Dave and Buster's. This area also has something known as Cj Barrymores that was in the area that this place was in. I can remember going there with a bunch of Detroit Cops and Firemen and having a rip roaring time until 2 am in my 20's. Like Dave and Busters it was able to be fun for both kids (daytime) and adults (night). The evening ended up like many CEC stories on this thread with a big brawl in the parking lot over something stupid. At least my side had badges so we were let go!
    I spent many evenings and sunny Saturday afternoons at CJ Barrymore's when I was in high school and almost always had a great time. Like you said, they really fit a missing piece in the market in that they can appeal to kids and adults. And unlike Dave & Buster's, they also have plenty of outdoor activities (go-carts, mini golf, batting cages, driving range, softball...). I used to always think that their real estate would become too valuable to resist selling off to a developer as that area has grown but they've remained there for years so they must be doing something right.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Registered
    May 2005
    I spent many evenings and sunny Saturday afternoons at CJ Barrymore's when I was in high school and almost always had a great time. Like you said, they really fit a missing piece in the market in that they can appeal to kids and adults. And unlike Dave & Buster's, they also have plenty of outdoor activities (go-carts, mini golf, batting cages, driving range, softball...). I used to always think that their real estate would become too valuable to resist selling off to a developer as that area has grown but they've remained there for years so they must be doing something right.
    CJ Barrymores is a very, very short distance from my house. We drive by it very frequently, and not a time goes by that my kids don't ask to go. Even as a young adult in Port Huron, we would drive down to go to Barrymore's. They actually just started an addition to their building at the end of the summer.

Dave & Buster's is just way too expensive.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Brick, NJ
    threatens to shoot up Brick Chuck E. Cheese
    http://www.app.com/article/20140117/.../?sf21789888=1

HIGHLIGHT:
    threatened to “shoot the place up”, if the victim did not give him his money,

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Went to CEC for the three year old's party yesterday with us and a neighbor family and their kid. It was uneventful.

However, I will tell you the cost + stress of running after your kids + the deflated feeling of "all I get for 300 tickets is a pencil" = aggravation. I can see how you throw that in with divorcees, step kids, baby daddys, new girl friends, family drama, etc. it can quickly escalate.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    May 2005
    I'm currently at CEC and can report no crimes. My daughters are old enough so I don't have to run after them anymore.

This is my good daddy deed of the day and then I will watch football.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Back away from my tickets buddy, I'm saving up for the parachute guy!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...l#incart_river

"Surveillance videos show a man who seems to be in his 40s telling two children to steal unattended bags and bring them to him in the bathroom."

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by dvdneal View post
    Back away from my tickets buddy, I'm saving up for the parachute guy!
    Backdated Post of the Day!
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2007
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Here in town, they have a football throwing game that is licensed by the NFL called "2 Minute Drill" and I timed it... and all I got was 40 seconds. I went and complained to the manager and he said he'd get a tech to go fix it. The tech never did show up, so I can understand the rage.

http://www.primetimeamusements.com/a...ame.php?id=208

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jan 2009
    And to think the local development rumor mill says we might get on in our old grocery store. I can't wait to see the open carry policy we'll have...and that's just for the kids. No air rifle shooting range for our place!

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Missed a few`

Ross Township Pennsylvania - http://www.turnto23.com/news/nationa...birthday-party
    50 people holy schnykies!!

Paradise California (aka Bakersfield) - http://www.kerngoldenempire.com/news...st-bakersfield
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

Registered
    Jan 2009
    This is why I like Peter Piper better.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Registered
    May 2006
    Apparently Chuck's got such a bad rep that this Racist, Ultra Conservative site felt the need to "highlight" the issue:

https://www.amren.com/news/2013/08/w...-psychologist/

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by The Terminator View post
    Apparently Chuck's got such a bad rep that this Racist, Ultra Conservative site felt the need to "highlight" the issue:
    Chances are we (as in Cyburbia) helped bring this burning issue to the forefront of public attention. As noted previously, this thread has given it "Google juice" for certain.

http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showt...l=1#post687313
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    May 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Chances are we (as in Cyburbia) helped bring this burning issue to the forefront of public attention. As noted previously, this thread has given it "Google juice" for certain.

http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showt...l=1#post687313
    We are bumped off of the google first page for both searches. Just checked. thank god.

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 17
    Last post: 06 May 2016, 1:50 PM
  2. The Chuck Berry Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 10
    Last post: 20 Jan 2011, 8:10 PM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last post: 20 Apr 2009, 4:16 PM
  4. Replies: 20