Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Chuck E. Cheese Restaurants = hotbeds of violent crime

Registered
    Jul 2007
    It's funny this has popped back up into active threads. I assumed it was because of this...

http://freakonomics.com/podcast/chuc...-price-theory/

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Woman stabbed in a brawl at Deptford, NJ Chuck E. Cheese. http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/...river_home_pop
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    Woman stabbed in a brawl at Deptford, NJ Chuck E. Cheese. http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/...river_home_pop
    Thanks for keeping your eyes sharp on the lookout for this fascinating phenomenon. The evidence proving the link between animatronic mice and violence grows and grows.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    You know having thought about this for a bit, I'd be pissed too to pay that much for cardboard pizza and watery beer.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2005
    We could also do a Waffle House version of this thread...
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    May 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Bubba View post
    We could also do a Waffle House version of this thread...
    That's a bit different though. I mean, after a certain time at night, everyone knows that easily 85% of the people in there are drunk!
    He's a planner, he's a dreamer, he's a sordid little schemer,
    Seems to think that money grows on trees . . .

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by MD Planner View post
    That's a bit different though. I mean, after a certain time at night, everyone knows that easily 85% of the people in there are drunk!
    Interestingly, I'd bet that a similar percentage of problems at Chuck E. Cheese are caused by alcohol but they just start earlier in the day.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Registered
    Jan 2009
    True, but it's an image thing. If I tell you there was a brawl at Waffle House you might picture a bunch of drunk rednecks at one in the morning. When some says brawl in Chuck-E-Cheese I picture a bunch of soccer moms pulling hair, dads trying to break it up, kids on the side looking shocked, and a giant mouse face palming.

Of course we are not the first to notice - or maybe we are - you can find some good brawls on youtube.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by dvdneal View post
    True, but it's an image thing. If I tell you there was a brawl at Waffle House you might picture a bunch of drunk rednecks at one in the morning. When some says brawl in Chuck-E-Cheese I picture a bunch of soccer moms pulling hair, dads trying to break it up, kids on the side looking shocked, and a giant mouse face palming.

Of course we are not the first to notice - or maybe we are - you can find some good brawls on youtube.
    I was at a Waffle House when it got held up in Spartanburg, SC.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Uh oh, sounds like somebody got tired of another party monopolizing the whack-a-mole machine all evening. The perp should have cooled down with another pitcher of beer as opposed to whipping out his shooting iron.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

+ Reply to thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 17
    Last post: 06 May 2016, 1:50 PM
  2. The Chuck Berry Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 10
    Last post: 20 Jan 2011, 8:10 PM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last post: 20 Apr 2009, 4:16 PM
  4. Replies: 20