Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Safety transportation planning programs

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2007

Safety transportation planning programs

Hey, I just met up with a prof who recommended that I apply to more schools just because 3/4 are crazy competitive (Rutgers, MIT, and McGill). I picked those schools because I have a very narrow focus on information systems and transportation planning, but seeing as I won't be able to handle another year in the real world I'm willing to go for any school that has a transportation focus.

What are some "safety" transportation programs? If anyone knows of Canadian schools with good transit planning programs other than the big 5 (Calgary, UBC, Toronto, Queens, McGill) that would also be helpful. I heard McMaster might be good?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2007
    Ignore my McMaster question, I was led astray. I don't think there's a planning program there.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2008
    There was a thread that had a link to admission stats for the schools you listed. Even MIT had an acceptance rate in the high 30's (something like 38%). That's pretty high when you consider many law school/bschool/ph.d programs have acceptance rates in the teens. Having a safety is a good idea, but I say really gun for the school you want to go to! Good luck.

Oh, and not like you are applying to these schools, but for reference, I believe Penn was in the 60%'s, Cornell and UCLA around 50%.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Best transportation planning programs
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 13
    Last post: 13 Aug 2014, 4:01 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last post: 06 Sep 2009, 10:08 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 24 May 2009, 6:12 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last post: 13 Oct 2005, 12:32 PM