Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Considering an MUP..... thoughts?

Registered
    Jan 2009

Considering an MUP..... thoughts?

Hello all,

My name is Jake and I live in Cincinnati OH. I graduated from UCSB with a BA in Poli Sci in 2005. I have since gotten my OH real estate license and quickly got out of that disaster.

Anyhoo, I work in inside sales which is the majority of my professional experience but I am heavily considering an MUP at the University of Louisville or University of Cincinnati. I love urban planning and development and have been to this site many times before registering. But before I make that decision to go back to school, I am looking to learn more first hand experience from urban planning students and professionals. I want to pick their brains about daily life in the study and profession. i.e likes, dislikes, challenges, why they got into it etc.... But having a little trouble getting it off the ground. Any suggestions?

Thanks all!

Moderator note:
    (Gedunker) Welcome to Cyburbia, Jakers. I moved your thread from the Introduce Yourself subforum to the Student Lounge subforum. You'll get more and better replies here than you would in the IY. Welcome aboard and carry on!
    Last edited by Gedunker; 09 Jan 2009 at 7:16 PM.

Jakers, If you want to try out planning before making the switch, you might consider Harvard's Career Discovery Program in the Summer. 6 weeks of intensive planning school with a good amount of contact with planners from Boston. A lot of people find it a good indication of whether planning is for them.

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Thanks Chelsea,

That is a great idea however, I do not have the time or money to travel to Harvard and study. Are you, or anybody else out there familiar with a similar program closer to me (ohio/ kentucky) and not as much of a time commitment?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Your thoughts on fur
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 13
    Last post: 29 Nov 2012, 10:32 AM
  2. Thoughts on NYU RE
    Student Commons
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 24 Dec 2008, 1:31 PM
  3. Replies: 30
    Last post: 09 Dec 2008, 7:48 PM