I was wondering if anybody who has recently gained employment could help me learn more about the Job Market for City Planners.
My Bachelors Degree is in Urban Planning, UIUC and I'm currently pursuing a MS in Real Estate, Urban Planning concentration. (Completion: June 2009) I have had an internship at a Chicago suburb, and private sector experience at a development company. I'm currently 1.5 years out of college.
BA Urban Planner GPA: 3.4 MS Real Estate GPA: 3.2
- Did you find it difficult to find opportunities/career openings?
- What undergrad/grad degree combination did you have when you applied?
- How heavily did the employers weigh GPA/School Prestige?
- What were the skills that municipalities most wanted?
- What were the skills that private consulting-planning firms wanted?
- How would you summarize "what exactly got you hired?"
Thanks ! Please feel free to ask me any questions about RE Dev. in the private sector. Have a Good Holiday!