Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Communicating with Columbia GSAPP

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2008

Communicating with Columbia GSAPP

Maybe it's just because it's that time of year, and every school is being inundated with calls and emails from neurotic prospective students, but is it just me, or is the staff at Columbia pretty damn rude? I usually try emailing first, but every email I have ever sent them has been met with silence. And don't get me wrong, I'm a pretty industrious person who can normally find what he's looking for on the website, but if I can't I will call or email a school. Out of all of them, Columbia seems by far and away the worst. Anyone else get this feeling?

I don't mean this as an attack on the urban planning program, heck, I just finished submitting my application a few days ago.

Registered
    Nov 2005
    it's not just the planning department. the real estate folks weren't that different.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Yes, they are inundated with apps...unfortunately.

Hopefully the MsRED applicant pool has not veered too far away from last years 350. If they are expecting 500 or so applicants this year to fill 100 seats, 30% of which are designated for international students, i may be in a bad position. Damn, i wish these programs werent so small! Hey, there's always the 600 seats at NYU.

Any idea when we could start expecting to hear back from MsRED admissions? Since they now start the program in the Summer, it may be hard to determine.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Columbia MUP
    Student Commons
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 18 Apr 2011, 2:14 AM
  2. Communicating planning efforts
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 10 Nov 2010, 5:26 PM
  3. MIT and Columbia
    Student Commons