+ Reply to thread

Thread: What Re your SuperBowl Plans?

Registered
    Jan 2009

What Re your SuperBowl Plans?

Well, what are they?

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Staying awake through it all long enough to see the awesome looking 1-hour episode of The Office.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Aug 2005
    going to the boss' house for his Super Bowl party. i'm not all that interested in football but i'm a team-player so i shall partake.

Go Cardinals!!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Perhaps this should go under the confession thread, but I purposely made sure I had plans, if only to have a reason to drink socially. I don't even know who's playing...

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    This should definitely go in the confession thread...party for two. Super bowl of popcorn.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    is that this weekend?

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Watch the game with some friends from church at one of their houses (they have a very large plasma TV).

Registered
    May 2005
    Drink. Eat some. Drink more. Watch the game while eating and drinking. Drink. Eat. Drink a little bit more. Go to bed.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    Staying awake through it all long enough to see the awesome looking 1-hour episode of The Office.
    I second your answer. Last night's rerun was made bearable because of that commercial for the special 1-hour episode.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Getting together @ Tim's Man Cave* for a Super Bowl gathering.

*that's what my friend calls his basement.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    What's a Super Bowl?
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

We are having a Super Bowl party at church. Since I'll already be there running a camera during the evening service, I'll just head to a different part of the church for the get together.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I've got sandwich stuff and snacks for "grazing", but I'm really only interested in seeing Bruce at halftime!

Registered
    Nov 2006
    I will be joining some rabid Stillers fans (many Steelers fans have a speech impediment that's endemic in Pennsyltucky) to cheer on the black-and-gold to a record 6th Super Bowl!!! Being a die-hard Buffalo Bills fan, I'm afraid I have to live vicariously.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Go Steelers !!!

This Bear will be watching the BIG GAME in the comfort of home sweet home. We had planned to head for Frogtown Johnny's to watch the best defense in pro football but plans have changed. Some issues popped that involve Katie's sister, so no trip to Frog's.

Three years ago we watched the game at Frog's North, the substitute tavern that "Chief" opened while the original Frogtown Johnny's was being rebuilt. It was destroyed in a big fire a few months earlier. That night we watched the Steelers effectively dismantle the Seattle Seahawks.

Hoping for more of the same this weekend.

Go Steelers !!!

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    A Miller Lite and 2 Advil PMs.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Chili. Beer. A few friends over. I dont have a team, but I will be cheering for the Steelers because they are more hardcore cool imo.
    "Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Having some friends over at my college townhome to watch the game on our big screen TV. We also have a plasma in the basement, if it gets crowded. There will be plenty of beer, Jack & Coke, chips & salsa, and perhaps I will order some pizza and wings.
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    And the Steeler's brought it home for a record sixth Super Bowl win. It was a pretty wild 4th quarter and it could have been anyone's game.

Steelers 27, Cardinals 23
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

World Champs !!!

Excuse me for a minute. My heart fell out of my chest. I have to go pick it up and slide it back in.

What a game!

Pittsburgh Steelers, World Champions !!!

Woo-Hoo !!!

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    Excuse me for a minute. My heart fell out of my chest. I have to go pick it up and slide it back in.

What a game!

Pittsburgh Steelers, World Champions !!!

Woo-Hoo !!!

Bear
    Wish you were here!!!! It's like July 4th - fireworks, sirens, people cheering! And that's in my little town east of the city!

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    wow - whatta game and I have to say the Steeler's deserved to win!

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    I was rooting for the Steelers. I've always liked that team and think they've had a great program going there. And Jerome Bettis was one of my favorite players growing up. I was on the edge of my seat the whole 4th quarter. I'm glad they emerged victorious.

Had a nice little shindig of about 7 people over to watch the game. It was a good time. The Steelers/Cards fan ratio was about 3-to-4.

Also, Bruce Springsteen was great...I think they needed to turn his mike up though.
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    ZMan's experience on Super Sunday.

Made some Gaucamole and Pico De Gallo to eat with good tortilla chips from Whole Paycheck(Foods).
    While slicing tomatoes, cut the hell out of my thumb.
    Sat on couch with wife. Fielded questions about the finer points of football. Ate some Mexican snacks, had one beer.
    Wife falls asleep, wakes up at halftime to find me reading my book. Asks for more guac and some water. Eats, falls asleep again.
    Wakes up to the end of the game, says she enjoyed Superbowl Sunday.

After the game, she did laundry while I went to sleep (game ended at about 8:15 MST.

You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    May 2004

Some thoughts

I don't know why exactly - but hate the Steelers. I also really do not like Rothlisberger but he is a great quarterback. Tomlin seems like a really great coach.

The Cards didn't have much of a chance on that last drive- but that was not a fumble. Why is it that in the super big games the questionable calls always go to the Steelers. This game was similar in that respect to the last Steelers SB win against the Hawks. Without the refs blowing it the Steelers still would have probably won but what the heck is up with that

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Post Superbowl XLVII discussion
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 04 Feb 2013, 7:49 PM
  2. Superbowl parties
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 07 Feb 2010, 7:44 AM
  3. Superbowl Ads and etc.
    Friday Afternoon Club