Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Re-intro to The Michele Zone

Registered
    Jul 2003

Re-intro to The Michele Zone

Origin of the name:
    I thought about using it on some email list and having the footer "The Michele Zone: Something like The Twilight Zone on laughing gas". Then I joined this forum on shorter notice than I planned because I really wanted to participate in a thread and I needed a planner-ish sounding handle real fast. So I used Michele Zone. Michele is my actual name. Zone is not.

I haven't posted much of late (like a couple of years maybe). I have been working full time and overtime, adjusting to life without a car, and getting well when doctor's say that can't be done. I will soon move to a day job, which is all part of my diabolical plot to take over the world! ("Pinky and The Brain" tm) Or maybe it's just a plot to achieve my lifelong dream of having a "normal" life. Yeah, that might be it.

I have a rusty, dusty Certificate in GIS, I'm a few classes short of a Bachelor's in Environmental Resource Management with a concentration in Land Use Planning and Policy and I have some entry level job totally unrelated to the planning field. Are my dreams of doing something related to urban planning dead? Perhaps. Or maybe they are just sleeping. Time will tell.

I would bore you to tears at length but I have to get showered and all that. Perhaps I will find the time and energy to participate here a little more often than every few months now that I am well enough to move to a day job. Or maybe the move itself will be some new crisis and I will go back to sleeping 12 hours a day and you will think I dropped off the face of the planet again.

Later. Maybe MUCH later. Or maybe not.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Welcome back, MZ.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Welcome back. Don't be a stranger.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Glad to have you back in the fold.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    welcome back!

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Welcome back, hope you settle in for a while!
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Welcome back, MZ! I just returned to Cyburbia myself, but I was only gone for ten days...

Registered
    Aug 2007
    Welcome back! Cyburbia is like a drug, once you get hooked, you can't leave!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2006
    Welcome and Aloha!

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    Welcome back, MZ! I just returned to Cyburbia myself, but I was only gone for ten days...
    I've mostly been 'gone' all week this week. It's been an eventful week. Today, I get to log in and post a little because my mind is too far gone for me to show up at work: I'm running a fever and it must be pretty bad because earlier today I was all set to regale someone with stories of my sinus surgery when I suddenly remembered I've never had sinus surgery.

I think I will stick to saying "hello" to people in the Intro threads.

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Michele Zone (MZ) in Teh Clubbbbe.
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 22
    Last post: 09 Jul 2005, 5:45 AM
  2. Replies: 35
    Last post: 20 Jul 2003, 2:36 AM