+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Grad school application notices - MRED & MS real estate 2009

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Grad school application notices - MRED & MS real estate 2009

Hi all,

I know that there's a thread on this site about grad school acceptances and rejections, but that's almost exclusively about Master in Urban Planning. I want to start a thread just for people who have applied to MRED or MS Real Estate. This also goes to those who are currently in aforementioned programs and who would like to contribute.

I've applied to Columbia, NYU, and USC. So far, I haven't heard anything from them.

Good luck to all.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    this thread is much needed.

NYU and Columbia here.

ive seen talk on this board of summer start at NYU. is that for part-time? An admin counselor told me either Fall or Spring for Full-Time.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally posted by jaruss01 View post
    this thread is much needed.

NYU and Columbia here.

ive seen talk on this board of summer start at NYU. is that for part-time? An admin counselor told me either Fall or Spring for Full-Time.

I received a large envelope from NYU yesterday. I was accepted to their MS Real Estate program (with development concentration) full time starting Summer 09.

I'm waiting on Columbia and USC. Columbia told me that they haven't notified applicants yet, and they will send out notifications in late March.
    I should be hearing from USC soon because I interviewed with them about five weeks ago.

I just have to keep my sanity for another three weeks or so until I hear from these two.

Registered
    Feb 2009
    Hi all, I am also waiting to hear back from Columbia, i am an international student (Canada) and was hoping they were going to tell us early since we have to have arrange visa's, etc. So far no word....

Registered
    Dec 2008

NYU MSRE for fall

Hello All,

Congrats M. Conroy to your acceptance to NYU this summer. I actually applied for the fall.

Has anyone heard anything for the fall admissions? I heard end of march, but just curious to see if any have gone out yet.

M. Conroy, is it possible to get your email address?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally posted by mendez_s View post
    Hello All,

Congrats M. Conroy to your acceptance to NYU this summer. I actually applied for the fall.

Has anyone heard anything for the fall admissions? I heard end of march, but just curious to see if any have gone out yet.

M. Conroy, is it possible to get your email address?

My member ID @yahoo.com

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Received an email from columbia this morning. They are in the "final stages of review."

Hope i did not already miss the first cut. Did anyone hear from Columbia?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Columbia:

I did get the same email this morning. I also chatted with Jessica and she told me to expect bulk of the decisions to go out in late March.

USC:

I learned from a current USC MRED student that director of the program is on sabbatical and that there was a slight increase in applications. Decisions may be delayed a little bit.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Jaruss,

Have you applied for the Fall for NYU or the summer? I have applied for the fall, and just waiting for a reply.

Registered
    Mar 2009
    applied to USC and MIT. Missed the Columbia deadline.
    Going to have my interview for USC Thursday as I gave up trying to contact my interviewer and asked USC to refer me to someone else. Hopefully the delay doesnt affect the decision making.

Registered
    Mar 2009

USC MRED vs MIT MSRED?

Anyone have thoughts or have gone to either of the programs?
    I really havent heard much bar USC's rep as being more entrepreneurial and MIT being more finance-based. My apologies in advance to any alums for throwing out generalities but just want to get the discussion started.

And if there are any ppl in RE investment/ development here in LA who want to meet up, send me a line! I'm always down to meet up with others and network.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally posted by greenlander View post
    applied to USC and MIT. Missed the Columbia deadline.
    Going to have my interview for USC Thursday as I gave up trying to contact my interviewer and asked USC to refer me to someone else. Hopefully the delay doesnt affect the decision making.

Would you have any insight as to when they'll be notifying applicants or if they have started already?

Registered
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally posted by m.conroy33 View post
    Would you have any insight as to when they'll be notifying applicants or if they have started already?
    dunno. I wish I knew.

Registered
    Sep 2008
    I was recently accepted to the University of Florida MSRE program.

I look forward to working with any/all of you guys in the Florida market in the near future.

Registered
    Dec 2008

Hello Danny

Hey Danny,

Are you looking to stay in Florida after graduation? I have applied to NYU and Columbia, and might transition back to the florida area after graduation (if accepted of course I went to Florida A&M and studied arcchitecture, and lived in Orlando for two years before deciding to move up north.

Congratulations on your acceptance into the program.

Registered
    Feb 2009
    Also accepted to NYU MSRE summer term. Still waiting to hear from USC and Columbia. I have heard of several people on different threads being accepted to USC but they all have also been accepted to Cornell and that seems to be the first choice for most.

Registered
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally posted by sully View post
    Also accepted to NYU MSRE summer term. Still waiting to hear from USC and Columbia. I have heard of several people on different threads being accepted to USC but they all have also been accepted to Cornell and that seems to be the first choice for most.
    Really? Cornell is generally more desirable than USC? I have to admit I dont know much about Cornell's program. I just know it is arctic cold there and would seem strange studying development outside of a major city.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally posted by sully View post

Could you share where you saw threads about USC acceptance?

Registered
    Feb 2009
    Here is the thread from Business Week where people are discussing acceptances.

http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx...ools&tid=73399

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2009
    Thanks for the link Sully. Looks like USC began notifying applicants this week.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I agree

What youve heard is very true. However, I think the most important thing is where you want to end up after school. If youre going to stay in LA, USC is a no brainer, youll network with local people that can help you in your career later. Im an MRED now and have loved it, though to be frank, its not about the education...its nothing (well not $60k worth) you could not have taught yourself from buying some books. And most developers dont have MREDs... I could go on and on if youd like... Id be available to meet if you prefer.

Registered
    Dec 2008

Please do elaborate

oh nevermind saw your answer on another post
    Last edited by coast; 13 Mar 2009 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Got answer from another post

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Columbia-

Anyone receive notifications today?

I have not. According to admissions, today is the first round. The next round will be in two weeks.

Registered
    Feb 2009
    Nope- no word yet. I don't think they sent out any MSRED acceptances- only Master Arch and Urban Planning.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    The admissions counselor claimed that "some" notifications went out today. However, he may of been confused about MSRED vs. urban planning, etc.

For my sake, no MSRED notifications were released today.

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1562
    Last post: 10 Jun 2014, 11:14 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last post: 03 Aug 2010, 10:15 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 05 Mar 2010, 12:17 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last post: 14 Nov 2009, 2:00 AM
  5. Replies: 0