Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Membership in private organizations

Registered
    Mar 2005

Membership in private organizations

I am curious how many of you, or your senior/executive level city/county planners are members of or provide sponsorships to private organizations such as builder associations, economic development corporations, chamber of commerces, and similar types of organizations. I am a member of the local chamber and very active. I am considering the economic development corp and builder assoc but I don't want to join anything that might appear unethical or biased but I do want to help build bridges with these organizations and support their efforts I am more interested in the economic development corp than the builders assoc. but wanted to get some general opinions before I made any move forward. Thanks for your help.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    My boss is a member of the local building association chapter, AIA, as well as ULI (which in my opinion is way better than APA). To me this should be the standard. The books and conferences blow APA out of the water, but alas, it is really hefty to join.
    No Signature Required

Registered
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally posted by CPSURaf View post
    ...as well as ULI (which in my opinion is way better than APA). To me this should be the standard. The books and conferences blow APA out of the water, but alas, it is really hefty to join.
    Seconded, aye.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 8
    Last post: 24 Dec 2009, 1:51 AM
  2. Music organizations and city planning?
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 03 Oct 2008, 10:08 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last post: 04 Oct 2007, 11:14 PM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last post: 11 Jul 2006, 2:02 AM